EVL-K6 review by Cort

Cort: EVL-K6

Purchased from: Family Friend's Music Store

I play all thrash metal and grindcore with a little bit of some softer playing thrown in (i.e. stone sour-bother, stairway to heaven) and this guitar suits both styles. Clean with the Switch on the bridge EMG sounds awesome, really bassy. For shredding I generally use the neck EMG for more treble. I use my Marshall practice amp and the Marshall distortion and it sounds awesome. I have run it through even heavier gain and still no odd buzzing or wierd stuff like that. this guitar can dish out some wide ranges of tones. I go from screaming dive bombs straight into chugging out power chords and it sounds awesome all around. If you don't tighten everything you get a very odd buzzing sound, but just maintain it and you'll be fine.

I have been shredding for five years, and my other guitar is a B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock with a red finish, and it plays awesome. It plays better than any other warlock I've played. I got this Cort, and I setup my warlock as my down tuned guitar, instead of having it as my backup. My favorite feature has to be the Floyd Rose-EMG combo. It makes for great solos that I just can't get out of my Warlock.

This guitar is great for Live playing. I've played a few shows with it with no problems. My switches withstand quick flicks on stage and haven't even loosened at all. I would have full confidence in this guitar without a backup. The finish is great too, I haven't scratched it yet and I fly around the stage.

Set up was great right out of the box, but my friend works on all of the guitars he sells. Everything was great, the floyd was in a good position, the pickups were great. The guitar contained no flaws, and looked perfect right out of the box. The paint and pentagram inlays were flawless, and the ingraved truss cover was also perfect. None of the hardware was odd or scratched. All of the controls were great, nice and tight.

It was made in Korea but I picked it up at my friends shop in Joliet, Illinois. 24 jumbo frets, which make it awesome for shredding. The neck is a perfect size for shredding, not too thick and not too thin. Perfect for me because I have big hands, and I can easily reach my thumb around for notes on the low e string. Ebony fretboard, which I love the feel of. Feels better than the rosewood fretboard on my Warlock. Alder body with a satin black finish is simple but looks as sinister as my metal master warlock. Resonates well too even unamplified. Double locking licensed floyd-rose is incredible for divebombs and heavy playing, no matter what tuning you are in. Active EMGs are sweet for for harmnics and general shredding, from crunchy low end power chords to blazing high solos. volume and tone knobs are nice, roll smoothly. EMG selector switch allows for three configurations. I didn't get any accessorioes, but I got it way discounted.

Jazzalenko
    luketalon wrote: oh yeah i got this for Rp2.600.000(-+$280)
    Indian or Indonesian?? And where???? Im going to Indonesia soon, and id love to have this
    jltantrum
    Night Revolver wrote: musicfreak003 wrote: yea i think some cort guitars (including this one) are made in korea, i'm not very sure. Cort is a Korean based company, hense the production in Korea. The lower/cheaper models are manufactured in Indonesia.
    incorrect! Cort has completely stopped making instruments in Korea, they closed their Korean factory and have moved production to Indonesia and China. They are the same quality instruments just made in another country!
    saurav86
    I've got EVL-K4... it's got passive pickups.. wanna change them to EMG 81/85... any idea how do i do it???