EVL-K6 review by Cort

Cort: EVL-K6

Purchased from: Shanghai, China

Sound is incredible. The clean is pretty good on it's own as I am used to playing blues music but now moving on to metal. I plugged it into the little Laney amp. 10 watt I think it is and the sound that came out was pretty good. I then hooked it into the metal zone and it changed it to incredible! The tone on it is pretty varied but mainly nearer the crunchy darker sounds which is good. The nice thing about it, is it almost has a bluesy sound to it as well with the warm tone picked up by the emgs.

Overall for the price paid it's incredible and I can't stop playing it. Except to write about it of course. The hardware is excellent quality, the build is great and the sound and action is perfect! I had a Ibanez 370 before this, until it was stolen and I have no regrets about changing to this guitar.

So far it's been great. The tremolo nut is damaged but im not that fussed about that. Does look poorly made though. Everything else about it seems solid.

The action at first was terrible. IN fact that is what I'm seeing most of the reviews. The place I got it from though said they would sort this out for free, and three days later with some polished frets, it was perfect! Really low action with minimal buzz. Very easy to play fast.

Made in Indonesia, with an ebony fretboard. EMG 81 -85s. Managed to get an awesome deal and got a Laney lx 12 and a Boss metal zone mt-2 pedal and a hardcase all for 460 odd quid. Not bad being in China with import tax etc..

scruttino
    Well I don't know how much was paid for my X-series, as mum bought it on a trip to Malaysia about 14 years ago. It's black with a red X on the head (their don't seem many of them with a red X around), their durability is horrible, but when they are setup right (I replaced the pickups and use it without the bolts on, works fine) they are great metal guitars. Having a Cort and learning how to fix them teaches you more about being a musician than playing them, great studio guitar for lead and rhythm, even detuning the low E to B works fine with light gauge strings. 5 springs in the back is a must, clean out the wiring regularly as they like to pick radio frequencies
    scruttino
    Could anyone tell me how old a black X-6 (floating bridge, 5 pickup settings) would be if it had a red X on the head, at least 15 years but it could be more depending on how long it sat on the shelf before being sold
    MaggaraMarine
    Clean with the Switch on the bridge EMG sounds awesome, really bassy. For shredding I generally use the neck EMG for more treble.
    (Review by metalmaster9008) No. Bridge pickup is more trebly and neck is more bassy. Or that's what I have heard with all the guitars I have played. So it would be strange if the neck was more trebly than the bridge pickup.
    FSapphire
    Who is the Double Locking tremolo manufactured by? Is it some unlicensed Floyd Rose, some own Cort's tremolo, or..?
    michelevaltan
    Saturday I left home with 1500 euros, i tried an used ESP horizon (1400), a schecter blackjack atx c1 (100), a prs se mushok baritone (750), and a jim root telecaster (600). In the afternoon i bought an used cort evl k6 for 300. Now I've got an ebony fretboard, a licensed floyd, EMG pickups (i will cange with duncan blackouts that i like more), a killer looking guitar, and 1200 euros left. when i was 15 i bought my first guitar, a cort X-9. Then i looked away to find a better one, i had an ltd ec-401, an h-351nt, a fender telecaster a-s, a les paul custom silverburst, a les paul traditional tobaccoburst (best '70 sound i ever tryed, amazing), but for metal Cort is most underrated guitar builder ever, (and the best neck between the ones that i tried on saturday)