Flying V review by Cort

Purchased from: Atomic Music

This guitar suits my style just fine (metal/thrash/punk). I'm using it with either my Roland Micro Cube for practicing (great sounds there), or my Crate MX212 w/o dsp onboard. I also run this pedal through my Boss pedal board which includes octive OT-2, chorus CH-1, tuner, and the Metal Zone MT-2. No noise to speak of. It gives an extreamly and supprisingly rich and full sound. On the rythm pickup it produces alot of chunk with a hint of twang. On the lead pickup it gives bright tone but not a squealy tone. I firmly belive this guitar could be used all around.

For playing metal/thrash/punk this is a great guitar. I've been playing for 5 years and own tons of gear (six guitars in total), but prefer this one over many of my others. Love everything about it, hate nothing. If it were stolen, I'd shank whoever stole it. If it were lost I'd deffenetly buy one again (provided I could find one). I do wish it had locking strap pegs, but those are after market parts anyway. All in all, love it!

This guitar can take a beating, as its proven lasting this long already. I depend on it 100% but would probably use my Les Paul, SG, or Artcore as a back up (depends on the show as to which guitar I would use). The only reason I would use a back up is because I never want to tune during a set, so I just swtich guitars. The strap buttons are very solid.

This guitar is amazing, I'm not sure if it was made this way at the factory or if it has been teweaked over the years, but the action cannot be beat. The pickups are fine as far as I'm concerned. The guitar did contain some flaws (broken nut, bridge set up too low, etc), but when youve been playing for 5 years like I have, thats an easy fix.

Made in the eairly 80's, right when Randy Rhodes went to Jackson and asked for a similar guitar, this guitar has some battle scars but thats expected. Made in Korea, it has 22 frets which is great for me since I solo a bit but focus on rhythm parts. The body is almost an exact copy or the randy rhodes modle, but the jack is in a diffrent place. The bridge is termelo. The pickups are dual humbucking. The selector is 3 way and it has 2 knobs (volume and tone). I belive the pickups were replaced with eairly Duncans, but can't tell because the writing was scratched off (sounds great tho). Also when I purchased this guitar the nut was broken, but thats an easy fix, but it knocked the price way down ($80). I wish it came with more accessories, and I wish it was a white stain finish.

Brandon_leigh
    PsykoKeNT wrote: Cort made a Flying V? O.o! I must have been ignorant...
    Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw Flying V at Cort lol