G110 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Cort: G110

I mainly play rock and metal and this guitar could handle them fairly well.My equipments include a Roland Cube 20X amp and a Zoom G1M michael amott signature multi effect. This guitar is not a noisy guitar at all and the sound of it is not bad. I mostly play with the humbucker pickup and it has a bright sound and I loved playing palm mutes with it. The single coil pickups sound moderate. I think the pickups are medium output and compared to my new Ibanez RG350MZ the clean sound is better but when I change the channel to distortion the powersound pickups fall way behind. The tone knobs were useless and when you use the pickup selector the guitar would make an unwanted sound. In one word the pickups are not good compared to other pickups and it's only good for beginners but with a price less than 200$ for this guitar they are not bad.

This is a very versatile guitar. You can play any kind of music with it; from blues to heavy metal. But if you are a pro then you probably may not like it. I loved the fast and sleek neck but I hated the useless tremolo bridge. I don't see any reason why should this guitar have a tremolo Bridge because this is a beginners guitar and beginners don't need a tremolo bridge. A simple fixed Bridge would do the trick. In conclusion the Cort G110 is a very good beginners guitar but if you don't like tuning your guitar every once in a while then you better get a fixed Bridge guitar.

This guitar is durable I think it can withstand live playing very well but I wouldn't recommend it. The strap buttons are solid and the finish seems rather durable. I played this guitar for about 9 months and not even a scratch.So I would say it is a durable guitar despite it's low price.

This guitar was set-up really bad from the factory. The action was way high and the frets had rough edges and some frets made a buzzing noise but the pickup height wasn't bad for me. I lowered the action until the point that any lower, the strings would buzz but it still wasn't low enough. The nut was poorly cut and the tremolo Bridge Sucks!the Bridge is horrible. One slight push and the guitar completely goes out of tune. I never used the tremolo bar ever. On the other side the neck of this guitar is beyond expectation. The back of the neck is perfect. A really fast and slim neck that can only be seen in expensive guitars and is perfect for shredders. The fingerboard is great. It feels a little dry but still very good and comfortable. So if someone changes the pickups and the Bridge then this guitar could really be something.

I bought this guitar as my first electric guitar in 2010 from iran. I'm not sure when this guitar was built but it was made in indonesia. It has 22 medium frets, rosewood fingerboard and maple neck. The body is made from agathis which is light but not as good as other kinds of woods like basswood and mahogany. It has a EG7BV 6-screw Vintage Tremolo. It is a modified Strat-style body with a larger top horn and an oblong sort of curve. Has a H/S/S pickup configuration and the pickups are passive powersound pickups. Mine had 3 knobs;one volume knob and two tone knobs. This guitar also has a 5-way selector Switch and non locking tuners.

metalic186
    I have had this guitar for 3 years, I played it ever day since. I mostly played AC/DC back then and this guitar could handle it perfectly but its a pain in the ass to solo with, I would often stop playing it if I was trying solos but its was still fun to play. now I prefer to play metallica and bands along the same line and im looking for a new one coz this guitar isnt working for me at all probly because im to good fir this guitar. i would recomend it to a beginner only.