G200 review by Cort

Cort: G200

Purchased from: George's Music

It suits me perfect. I like metal, blues, and grunge. It sounds amazing when it's clean and awesome with distortion. The distortion is the best though. It sounds like Metallica's kind of distortion. I'm using a Stone amp with no effects. It has a library of sounds. I got it 8 months ago so I'm not just trying to hype it up either. The sound is rich and full.

I play metal, blues, jazz, rock, grunge and soft rock. I have been playing for about 7 months and I own an Ovation acoustic-elctric guitar also. I should have asked for a 24-fret model when I got it. If it were stolen I'd buy it again. I like the sound of it. It's crisp and rich. I don't like the style Switch. My favorite feature is the wide neck. I compared it to a Fender Squier but this is the same type of guitar for half the price.

It will definetly stand live playing. The hardware is very reliable. The strap sucks but the strap buttons are solid and reliable. I would bring a backup to a gig but only because I think every guitarist should. The finish is there to stay and its a good guitar.

It was setup right and the pickups were adjusted fine. Everything was in place with no flaws.

The Cort G200 I bought was made in India. It's a 2003 model with 22 frets and a wider neck. It is a laminated top and a mahogany neck. It's got a Strat body style with a string-thru body bridge and volume/tone control. Mine has Fender pickups but I upgaded it. It comes with 3 Cort pickups and non-locking Sperzel tuners. It comes with a gig bag, a strap, a cable, and an amp.