G200 review by Cort

Cort: G200

Purchased from: C Mark

I play everything from rock to ska to metal to punk and it does a good job on all of them. The neck/middle setting is great for rhythm and the bridge does a good job at lead. There isn't a great deal of variety in sounds, but there are enough. With my small amp I can't get the greatest idea, but running it through my friends old Fender valve amp it sounds pretty sweet.

I play mostly punk, rock and a little metal and this does very well for its price. If it were stolen I would probably buy a higher up model in the same series.

The strap buttons are solid but I prefer c-shape buttons which keep the strap on better. It's dependable and would do the business if I gigged with it. Seeing as it's my only guitar I would have to go without a backup, but a backup would be preferable. The finish is very tough and has bumped and scratched many times without bearing a single mark. The hardware is solid.

The guitar was set up very well when I bought it, though it goes flat past the 12th fret on the low strings. I got a gun metal grey finish on mine which looks awesome. It goes out of tune more easily than I would like and due to the trem bridge it needs to be tuned multiple times.

I bought it in a shop compiled pack that came with a Cort accessory pack (strap, picks, lead, polish + cloth, gig bag), and a Laney hardcore 20 watt amp.