G200 review by Cort

Cort: G200

Purchased from: Music Go Round

I play a lot of blues, classic rock, and funk style music. This guitar fit right into my style. I play with a Vamp pedal and a 10W studio amp and it sound quite nice. It's really clean when you want it to be and with the pedal you can out so nice distortion. It's outfited with nice pickups. It hits really nice bassy lows and treblely highs and anything inbetween. The tremolo bridge works great too. It stays in tune quite well. I am very satisfied with the quality sound this guitar puts out.

I am very impressed with this guitar. I have been playing for 4 years and this is the nicest guitar I have owned. I have owned a $350 Samick Avion (Les Paul) and a Vintage DeArmond S-65 (SG) and this Cort is better than the two of them. If it was stolen I would buy it again. I love the tremolo bridge, and the neck and headstock looks great. If I wanted to upgrade again, I would buy another Cort.

I think this guitar would be able to take on a Live show. It seems to be built very well and solid. The strap buttoms are firmly anchored into a solid basswood body. The finish looks to be very well done. I have heard of people droping Cort guitars and the finish not chipping, so it's gotta be good.

The shop that I go to really does a great job of setting up their guitars. The only thing that I didn't like was that the action was a little high for my taste. There were a couple minor nicks and dings that were probably caused by customers. This guitar, for being under $200, it built very, very well. Cort has always been known to build great guitars. The bolt-on neck is very ridgid and not elastic like most low priced guitars. This is the lowest priced guitar I have bought in my 4 years of playing but it is the best built out of the 4 guitars I have owned.

I think this in an 2005 model that sat in the shop for a while. It has a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard, with 22 medium frets. It is a Strat style solid body with a tobacco burst paint sceme, a white/black/white 3-ply pickguard, black pickups and knobs, and chrome hardware. It is has a Vintage Fender style trem bridge with a graphite nut at the other end. It has a Standard Strat pickup layout with 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 5-way selector. It has off-brand tuning keys but they work very well, they are very stiff so they hold their place.

rainman1987
    This is a fricken nice guitar, I don't know why it has a user rating of 6. Way under-rated, go play one!