G210 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Cort: G210

Purchased from: Unknown

I play mainly Blues, and this guitar can get fairly close to the tone I want. I run it through a Fender Princeton Chorus 2X10. This guitar has very little noise and only feedsback if I'm running through an OD pedal and the Gain channel on my amp. I seldom use the humbucker bridge position because the sound is too bright and twangy mor-so even that a Telecaster. The pick-ups have fairly high output and are very responsive to pick attack. I have played many styles through this guitar and it can handle everything from funk to metal.

This guitar is doing the job until I am finished bulding my Custom Strat. I have been playing for about 4 years and I am planning on buying a Telecaster to replace this as my main gigging guitar. If this guiatar was stolen I wouldn't buy another one, Simply because I don't feel it will last a substantial amount of time over a career. I also don't seem to have much use for a humbucker. All in all this makes a very good beginner guitar and is head and shoulders better than a Squire Strat. But I would not recommend it to a professional player.

I have played this guitar live several times without a back-up and am completely confident with it. The hardware is questionable and I have had to reset stripped strap pegs several times. This guitar has a poly fifnsh so it could withstand a nuclear holocaust.

This guitar was set-up horribly straight from the factory. It was missing a tremelo spring and the intonation was completely messed up. The action was sky high and the pick-ups weren't even close to calibrated. I spent two hourns setting it up and after that it played like a dream. The bridge is made of too soft of a metal and so the string were messing up the saddles. This meant that if I tried to use the whammy bar the high E usually broke. Also when I was adjusting the intonation the saddle screws easily stripped.

I received this guitar for Christmas in 2003. It has 22 frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It is a three-ply body. The Cort website lists it as Alder but I have a suspician because it's so light that it is actually Basswood. The finish is a transparent blue that shows the grain of the wood off nicely. It is a modified Strat-style body with a larger top horn and an oblong sort of curve. It comes with a two point fulcrumming tremolo, a bottom mounted input, and non-locking tuners (all chrome). It features one volume knob and one tone knob. And has a H/S/S pickup configuration.

kevintjah
    This was my very first guitar. I bought it in a set with a Laney HC 10. The distorion button on the guitar doesn't sound really good, but still it's better than most beginnerguitars I tried and heard...