G210 review by Cort

Cort: G210

Purchased from: Local store

Well, I'm a begginer, but I can say I've got all the sounds that I've wanted to get, more or less, and I use a Roland Microcube amp. The bridge humbucker sounds great to me when I want to play heavy stuff, and specially leads, and the neck one sounds deep and powerful, my favourite. It's the bestwhen I use clean tone with Deep Purple, Led Zep or so. I absolutely love the clean tone with the neck pickup. With my band, I play Metallica, Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols etc. and with a decent amp sounds great, far better than other 'starter' guitars that I've heard as Behringers and Ibanez Grg's. The most important thig, I think, is that I haven't felt like I couldn't get a particular sound or a nice tone.

I've played for almost a year now, and I haven't tried a 'true' guitar yet, but all the others I've played are far worse than this, specially because of the smooth neck and the sound. I'm planning to buy another guitar mainly because of the fret number and the radius. Plus, the highest notes are not very comfortable because of the bolt on construction. I don't regret that I bought this, I would do it again if I could go back, so I recommed it to the starters.

I play like 6 hours or so a day, and I've played with my band many times and it's still working, I think it would withstand live playing without a problem, but a backup is always necessary. I see it like it was a year ago, when bought it, so no problems here, and sound wise too, but I don't know about hardware.

Well I don't know enough to know if there is something wrong, but in te store they setted all up and it was fine, everything works well. I don't think it has any flaws. I don't use the whammy bar very much, but I wouldn't say it's too bad, although it's clear that in a cheap guitar you can't do Herman Li kind of things, you know.

It was made in Indonesia in 2006 I think; It's got 22 medium size frets on a Rosewood fingerboard (9'5'' radius), the neck is made of maple and it's got baswood body, Bolt on construction. Power Sound pickups, 5 way pickup switching and 1 vol and 1 tone control. It also features a white pickguard, whose borders aren't finished very well and there are plenty grey screws so it does not look very good. The body finish is grey metallic satin, and I love it. It's a simple Strat style guitar, but if you don't look at it very close looks good.

ninjacrow
    my school has had one for ages, built to last, if people can stand playing them
    rancidryan
    i have a cort similar to this but with two tones knob and a standard tremelo i have no idea what it is its 22 fret mettalic red colour s-s-h and looks like a squier lol can anyone help
    myst_ivo
    It was also my first guitar, and now he is doing wel for jazz and blues music, cause my other guitars are in quality not so close by the famous Fender strato-caster
    Jazzalenko
    I have this guitar, first guitar, and i really hate it and am desperate for a new one. Although it is tons better than alot of other beginner guitars ive played.
    unholy_ghost
    Is this better that the G-200?
    It should be... It's a very nice guitar, it's my first electric one and it's simple and works fine for me. So far, I've been playing alot of different types of music and it's just good for most of them, really.