G210 review by Cort

Cort: G210

Price paid: € 150

Purchased from: Caffi

It's a good Begginer/Low Intermidiate guitar much better than RG's or Squiers and it fits right into the center o rock style jams. However it can take a bluesy jam or a pretty heavy, headbanging riffs. Not that amazing in solos, and it's not only my fault. I currently use a Crate TX15 together with this piece and hey, they mix greatly together!:D The lack of effects of the amp. The guitar has them on the stock distortion knob! It has a good all round sound but I would recommend it on the brige/Middle set, as it give a great warm and bright sound. Not THE BEST for soloing and for crazy bends and divebombs but hey it can strech a long way being really versetile!

This guitar is a good all rounder. I can describe it with the word versatility. It goes from miles davies, to Iron Maiden easily. I've been playing for 3 years now and this has been my main choice as a guitar and price/quality I wouldn't trade it, but now I'm buying a PRS SE Paul Allender signature for a more relliable and trustworthy guitar with more quality. I just love the versatility in this guitar and the distortion knob is quite a inovation. It's very fun to play and to switch from a warm rock like led zepplin to a power metal like Iron Maiden just with a knob! I would defnitly replace it if it was stolen and I would do that just because, now that I will buy the Allender signature (main guitar) I would have a verstile backup guitar (of course I'm not that excited of playing it at a gig but hey I've gained trust in it and if it's necessary, I would) and mainly beacause it will continue to be my main practise guitar.:)

I wouldn't take this guitar into a gig as for it can let you down on the sound (it's a low mid range guitar what do you expect?:P). The hardware will last althoug the little bit of rust at the neck pickup, the knobs are sturdy and so is the guitar. The strap buttons are excellent they hold the strap pretty darn good, never let me down. I can depend on the guitar BUT if I were to take it to a gig I would have to take a backup. The finish is going to last a good time I think, I have it for a couple of years now and so far, so good.

ok this part the guitar is a Big Disapointment!:( The setup was horrible, touching the repulsive, the pickups weren't that bad. It's well finished, the wood is actually pretty good (inside it's bounds), the pickups are gaining a little bit of rust 2 years after it's purchase, the tuners are ok, the pickup selector is in good shape and the controls are the best at this part. It is able to get away with a little dignity

Don't know the year but it's made in Indonesia Construction Bolt-on Body Basswood Neck Maple, ''C'' Shape Neck Width 1F : 43mm / 22F : 56mm Neck Thickness 1F : 21mm / 12F : 23mm Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5'' Radius(240mm) Fret 22 / Medium (2.4mm) Inlay White Dot Tuner Die cast Scale 25 1/2'' (648mm) Nut Graphite Bridge Full Action II Pickup EG5B/EG5B/EG4B (S-S-H ) Control 1vol, 1tone, 5way s/w Pickup Switching 5-Position Position1 : Neck Position2 : Neck & Middle Position3 : Middle Position4 : Middle & Front Coil of Bridge Position5 : Bridge Hardware CR (Chrome) Unique Feature 5-Position Position1 : Neck Position2 : Neck & Middle Position3 : Middle Position4 : Middle & Front Coil of Bridge Position5 : Bridge String D'addario EXL120(042-009) Color BK (Black), Mine brought a gigbag and a cable really lame but a really cool strap

Blues Bratt
    I have to disagree about this being any good , I own one the same red one on the picture up above lol I just replayed it 3 minutes ago, a real pos lol. As a begginer guitar yeah maybe , but for 200-250$ worth you can get a good used guitar which will kick this guitars ass, and its definitely not basswood, basswood has much better tone than this garbage. Yes straight out of manufactory is horribly set up, tremolo but no locks= what the heck are you on???? It has horrible sound in my taste , playability is very questionnable and the frets arent shaved when you buy this so you need to do the work yourself or you cut your fingers( and the little E string ) on the frets. whammy bar of that quality and the whole tremolo when it is that low quality is NOT a plus on a guitar it makes the guitar suck worse and sorry Ill say it again anyone stupid enough to put a tremolo on a guitar without putting locks should be shot, repeatedly. Pick ups are far from great as well, I rate this guitar a fat 3 overall, I ve found sticks to which Ive put rubber bands on when I was 3 that pretty much were par with this piece of crap , although the sticks were actually free and the rubber bands were less than a dollar. Twangy sound on ANY pick up if you ask me , I feel my dean markley strings I put on it are worth more than the guitar itself, cant wait to trade it in for something playable. I bought it used and still think that at 125$ I overpaid, it barely beats a Tracer or a Magnum ( bottom of the barrel crap ) by about a quarter inch at best. As for playing that live, huh I ll pass.....as for replacing it if it was stolen????? I think the guy up above was paid by Cort to write that , I might pay someone to steal this one from me lol Anyone who is considering buying this pos should look into low end Schecter instead or even a low end Ibanez I might even suggest Epiphone its THAT bad it really is..... I actually saw some Epiphone copy of Les Paul for 150$ brand new its a real piece of crap but it still kicks this Cort's ass easilly , just put decent pick ups in it and well watch the parts might fall off but at least its more playable than this junk....
    M.V.
    It's a great guitar for beginner, my first guitar, then I got Cort G260 and it's so better.
    Davenir
    I have played for a while and owned a genuin US Charvel/Jacksson Floyd Rose superstrat back in the 80`s loaded whith all the bells and whissels and as the evolution has not reached so much furder since then I would say that I have a good mark set to make a comparison. My all an all impression about the G210 is that the feel, finnish and quality cames pretty close actually only the frets was a way better dressed on the Charvel and as the case was with the idea of an superstrat the Cort G210 is indeed a fullygrown guitar where all those tweaks Stratplayers talks about to do is dunn and still for less money paid! Only the neck itself is worth to kill for, Cort still goes one with the "baseballbat" 9.5" radius + C chape + skunkstripe and that`s the way a neck should be done. The old G210 series as mine (made in Indonesia 2008) carries the twopoint tremolo and pups by MightyMite and they are the ones to look for.