G210 Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 10/27/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Cort: G210
This makes a very good beginner guitar and is head and shoulders better than a Squire Strat.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.8
 14,039
reviews (4) pictures (7) 13 comments vote for this gear:
G210 Reviewed by: TelecasterFreak, on november 23, 2004

Purchased from: Unknown

Features: I received this guitar for Christmas in 2003. It has 22 frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It is a three-ply body. The Cort website lists it as Alder but I have a suspician because it's so light that it is actually Basswood. The finish is a transparent blue that shows the grain of the wood off nicely. It is a modified Strat-style body with a larger top horn and an oblong sort of curve. It comes with a two point fulcrumming tremolo, a bottom mounted input, and non-locking tuners (all chrome). It features one volume knob and one tone knob. And has a H/S/S pickup configuration. // 6

Sound: I play mainly Blues, and this guitar can get fairly close to the tone I want. I run it through a Fender Princeton Chorus 2X10. This guitar has very little noise and only feedsback if I'm running through an OD pedal and the Gain channel on my amp. I seldom use the humbucker bridge position because the sound is too bright and twangy mor-so even that a Telecaster. The pick-ups have fairly high output and are very responsive to pick attack. I have played many styles through this guitar and it can handle everything from funk to metal. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set-up horribly straight from the factory. It was missing a tremelo spring and the intonation was completely messed up. The action was sky high and the pick-ups weren't even close to calibrated. I spent two hourns setting it up and after that it played like a dream. The bridge is made of too soft of a metal and so the string were messing up the saddles. This meant that if I tried to use the whammy bar the high E usually broke. Also when I was adjusting the intonation the saddle screws easily stripped. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar live several times without a back-up and am completely confident with it. The hardware is questionable and I have had to reset stripped strap pegs several times. This guitar has a poly fifnsh so it could withstand a nuclear holocaust. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is doing the job until I am finished bulding my Custom Strat. I have been playing for about 4 years and I am planning on buying a Telecaster to replace this as my main gigging guitar. If this guiatar was stolen I wouldn't buy another one, Simply because I don't feel it will last a substantial amount of time over a career. I also don't seem to have much use for a humbucker. All in all this makes a very good beginner guitar and is head and shoulders better than a Squire Strat. But I would not recommend it to a professional player. // 8

G210 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2007

Purchased from: Local store

Features: It was made in Indonesia in 2006 I think; It's got 22 medium size frets on a Rosewood fingerboard (9'5'' radius), the neck is made of maple and it's got baswood body, Bolt on construction. Power Sound pickups, 5 way pickup switching and 1 vol and 1 tone control. It also features a white pickguard, whose borders aren't finished very well and there are plenty grey screws so it does not look very good. The body finish is grey metallic satin, and I love it. It's a simple Strat style guitar, but if you don't look at it very close looks good. // 7

Sound: Well, I'm a begginer, but I can say I've got all the sounds that I've wanted to get, more or less, and I use a Roland Microcube amp. The bridge humbucker sounds great to me when I want to play heavy stuff, and specially leads, and the neck one sounds deep and powerful, my favourite. It's the bestwhen I use clean tone with Deep Purple, Led Zep or so. I absolutely love the clean tone with the neck pickup. With my band, I play Metallica, Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols etc. and with a decent amp sounds great, far better than other 'starter' guitars that I've heard as Behringers and Ibanez Grg's. The most important thig, I think, is that I haven't felt like I couldn't get a particular sound or a nice tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I don't know enough to know if there is something wrong, but in te store they setted all up and it was fine, everything works well. I don't think it has any flaws. I don't use the whammy bar very much, but I wouldn't say it's too bad, although it's clear that in a cheap guitar you can't do Herman Li kind of things, you know. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I play like 6 hours or so a day, and I've played with my band many times and it's still working, I think it would withstand live playing without a problem, but a backup is always necessary. I see it like it was a year ago, when bought it, so no problems here, and sound wise too, but I don't know about hardware. // 8

Overall Impression: I've played for almost a year now, and I haven't tried a 'true' guitar yet, but all the others I've played are far worse than this, specially because of the smooth neck and the sound. I'm planning to buy another guitar mainly because of the fret number and the radius. Plus, the highest notes are not very comfortable because of the bolt on construction. I don't regret that I bought this, I would do it again if I could go back, so I recommed it to the starters. // 8

G210 Reviewed by: Crank_it_to11, on january 06, 2010

Price paid: € 150

Purchased from: Caffi

Features: Don't know the year but it's made in Indonesia Construction Bolt-on Body Basswood Neck Maple, ''C'' Shape Neck Width 1F : 43mm / 22F : 56mm Neck Thickness 1F : 21mm / 12F : 23mm Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5'' Radius(240mm) Fret 22 / Medium (2.4mm) Inlay White Dot Tuner Die cast Scale 25 1/2'' (648mm) Nut Graphite Bridge Full Action II Pickup EG5B/EG5B/EG4B (S-S-H ) Control 1vol, 1tone, 5way s/w Pickup Switching 5-Position Position1 : Neck Position2 : Neck & Middle Position3 : Middle Position4 : Middle & Front Coil of Bridge Position5 : Bridge Hardware CR (Chrome) Unique Feature 5-Position Position1 : Neck Position2 : Neck & Middle Position3 : Middle Position4 : Middle & Front Coil of Bridge Position5 : Bridge String D'addario EXL120(042-009) Color BK (Black), Mine brought a gigbag and a cable really lame but a really cool strap // 9

Sound: It's a good Begginer/Low Intermidiate guitar much better than RG's or Squiers and it fits right into the center o rock style jams. However it can take a bluesy jam or a pretty heavy, headbanging riffs. Not that amazing in solos, and it's not only my fault. I currently use a Crate TX15 together with this piece and hey, they mix greatly together!:D The lack of effects of the amp. The guitar has them on the stock distortion knob! It has a good all round sound but I would recommend it on the brige/Middle set, as it give a great warm and bright sound. Not THE BEST for soloing and for crazy bends and divebombs but hey it can strech a long way being really versetile! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: ok this part the guitar is a Big Disapointment!:( The setup was horrible, touching the repulsive, the pickups weren't that bad. It's well finished, the wood is actually pretty good (inside it's bounds), the pickups are gaining a little bit of rust 2 years after it's purchase, the tuners are ok, the pickup selector is in good shape and the controls are the best at this part. It is able to get away with a little dignity // 4

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't take this guitar into a gig as for it can let you down on the sound (it's a low mid range guitar what do you expect?:P). The hardware will last althoug the little bit of rust at the neck pickup, the knobs are sturdy and so is the guitar. The strap buttons are excellent they hold the strap pretty darn good, never let me down. I can depend on the guitar BUT if I were to take it to a gig I would have to take a backup. The finish is going to last a good time I think, I have it for a couple of years now and so far, so good. // 7

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good all rounder. I can describe it with the word versatility. It goes from miles davies, to Iron Maiden easily. I've been playing for 3 years now and this has been my main choice as a guitar and price/quality I wouldn't trade it, but now I'm buying a PRS SE Paul Allender signature for a more relliable and trustworthy guitar with more quality. I just love the versatility in this guitar and the distortion knob is quite a inovation. It's very fun to play and to switch from a warm rock like led zepplin to a power metal like Iron Maiden just with a knob! I would defnitly replace it if it was stolen and I would do that just because, now that I will buy the Allender signature (main guitar) I would have a verstile backup guitar (of course I'm not that excited of playing it at a gig but hey I've gained trust in it and if it's necessary, I would) and mainly beacause it will continue to be my main practise guitar.:) // 9

G210 Reviewed by: pat875a5, on october 27, 2011

Price paid: € 190

Purchased from: Music Shop

Features: Made in Indonesia, don't know the year (purchased around 2003). Basswood solid body, Die cast tuners, Powersound (passive) pickups S-S-H, 5-way switch, 1 volume and 1 tone controls, 22 medium frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 648mm scale, 3-ply pickguard, Wilkinson 2-point double action tremolo, black finish. For your information: I looked at the web-site (2011) and the guitar at the moment looks a bit different (from my 2003 model) and has another bridge: you may want to take that in consideration. The tuners stay in tune. Not the best but they are fine. The nut is plastic and the strings (just one for me) were not moving flawlessly sometimes. A workaround is changing the nut for a better one or just putting some graphite powder (scratched from a pencil) when changing strings. The bridge works fine at the beginning but wears off really quick, so you may not want to use the floating tremolo feature. I fixed mine by leaning it to the body with extra springs and am not touching the tremolo arm again. // 7

Sound: This guitar sounds good, actually really great for the price. I modified mine a lot: changed pickups, put a kill switch, a tap-coil to split the bridge humbucker, scalloped the neck at higher frets. All good things, but it didn't improved the sound by that much. The default pickups were just good enough. The guitar is versatile. Clean sounds are really good. The bridge humbucker is also fine sounding. The inside is actually shielded with metal foil (which is a good thing). The single coils are noisy, which is normal. Excellent sound for the price range. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was set up properly. There were no flaws. The action was good, not too low which is good for sustain, the pickup adjustment was right. The black finish was well done and the guitar is really shiny. The 3-layer pickguard looks good. The wood quality was very good (I had a hard time scalloping that neck). The control knobs are smooth-running (very little resistance when turning), which is helpful to achieve crescendo effects while playing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands live playing without problems. I have the guitar for 7 years now and no major problem with the hardware. The floating (Wilkinson 2-point) bridge is fixed now (lean to the body) because this one got bad very quickly. No problems as fixed bridge. The frets are half the way down (normal by this time), but the guitar is still playable (with of course a lot less sustain). // 8

Overall Impression: For the price, it is a very good build and good sounding guitar. I've been playing this one for seven years now (less in the last years). It doesn't bring out all those tone nuances of an expensive instrument, but sounds good enough for a beginner or for practicing. I got it on the recommendation of the guy at the shop and never regretted. If I was on a budget, I would want this guitar again (I hope the newer edition is just as good). Didn't see any better guitar in this price range. // 8

Comments