G250 review by Cort

Cort: G250

Purchased from: westside

This guitar is perfect for bluesy rock, or just plane rock from the Darkness to ac/dc. I have it set with a vox valvetronix ad120vt so I get some wicked sounds out. I usally have at light distortion with the tremble wacked up on the amp and guitar the bass about 1/2 the middle 3/4 and the 5way selector on setting 3. You get a rich sound if you wack the colbolt off and turn the tone on half way with the 5 way on 4.

Bluesyrock/rock is an excellent combo for this guitar. Set with the vox and a few distortion pedels it sounds great. The thing I love most has got to be the machine heads, do not ask why they just are, although I hate the curve on the top of the scratch plate. I did not compare it to other guitars it was a sking trip to italy, and when I measured it out the guitar won by a mile. Overall it is a gret guitar and I wouldn't give up for the world.

Doing a couple of live gigs at school it sounded great but anything bigger may be only a slight problem. the hardware is well built and I feel built to last. Like I said after 3 years of dedicted playing with this guitar it is still in excillent condition though a few scratches where I've come off the top and bottem of the scratch plate. The strap buttons are lose but I have over come this problem by buying strap locks at a bargen of 50p atime.

The guitar was set-up extreamly well as I recently found out whilst doin a bit of diy on my tone as some plank broke it. It was easy to accses and reasemble the wires on to the tone. The pickups are sturdey and well incased so no room for movment. One screw on the scratchplate is beginning to reust after 3 years of dedicted playing. The knob on the volume control came off very easly. The finish is superb but the neck dents very easly and do not wear abelt sitting down at risk of a scratched backplate.

Made in korea with 22 frets maple neck and body lightweight this is an ideal starter guitar. It is made with a volume control and a tone control with colbolt (able to splti the humbucker into single0 and a 5 way selector. The pick configuration is s/s/h which is perfect for those high bluesy notes to those hard rockin riffs. The finish I got is a cherry red flamed top. The wilkinson bridge at first was hard to understand but the boys at my local soon fiiled me in. Non locking tuners with roller machine heads. Came with strap and carry case.

Mafoo
    He He I Love This guitar Aswell I Have a left Handed Model Plays Like A Dream!!
    biffyclyrorule
    I have this guitar, it was my first electric, I've had it for about 3 years and it's still amazing, I agree, plays like a dream, very reliable guitar, never let me down. Rockin'.
    Ace-o-spades
    Excellent review. Looks like a great buy. I was looking at a strat, but the price for bang ratio is by far greater on the g250. thanks alot guys, ace
    lightspeedchili
    I've had mine for 4 1/2 years.play any chili peppers on this and you'll sound like a god!!!!the bridge has become a bit unstable which required some attention but the hardware is very good in general. my playing has moved on to more metal stuff now so i'm thinking about changing the bridge hum, coz i really like the action on this axe!