G250P review by Cort

Cort: G250P

Purchased from: Guitar Cellar

This gives you the ultimate dirty Strat sound. Very beautiful. Amazing clean tone! When I play this guitar it's mainly for chunky rock tunes like classic rock stuff. I've compared this guitar to many high end strats, and this guitar just smokes them, unbelievable. This sounds more like a Strat then actual strats (wierdly worded but ull have to believe me). The Clean tone is just huge, and when paired up with a old tube screamer, this guitar just sings! I like it better then both my gibsons I got!

I play jazz/rock/funk/r&b, pretty much everything except screaming metal stuff. I've been playing for 6 years. I run this beast through my Peavey Classic 50 from the late 80s, and it just sounds so clean, incredible! I usually run a Tube Screamer, and a Ibanez analog delay, and it sounds huge and chunky, even moreso then most strats I've played. If I lost this guitar I would instantly call up Cort and ask them to make me another one (they don't make em any more). I wouldn't sell this thing for the world! It plays much nicer then my les paul, and my es 175 (that's a given though). Only problem I tend to have is the volume knob gets in the way of when your picking, which is a common problem for a lot of strats. Anywho this is an incredible guitar and for 450 bucks you can't buy a better guitar. Seriously!

I've dropped this guitar a few times, and it's perfectly fine! It stays in tune incredibly well even using the Whammy Bar. Once I tune it up from changing strings I wont ever have to tune it again, even my gibsons don't stay in tune like this beast. I replaced the strap buttons and got strap locks. I usually have my 2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic as a back up for this thing believe it or not. I never end up using my Les Paul. Very dependable!

I learned most of all my technique building things on this guitar, so it really feels like home. The action is absolutely perfect, the neck is straight, and no buzzing. The pickups are perfect! I wouldn't change them for anything else. Absolutely beautiful guitar, and plays just as good as it sounds!

I bought mine 4 years ago for 450$ bucks (they don't make this model anymore). It is korean made I believe, it's got 22 frets. No sure of the woods, I don't know too much about guitar woods. Sunburst. it's a floating bridge with acoustic pickups, which is a incredbily unique feature. Sounds great! Active pickups. Volume tone, volume for acoustic pickups, mighty might pickups. It's got a rolling nut, so it stays in tune very well even when cranking on whammy bar.

KoRnOnA6String
    rhcp_freak wrote: aww, double post
    Actually, make that a triple Sounds like a very nice guitar, too bad they don't make those anymore
    E V H 5150
    I've never heard of Cort. It sounds nice, but not my style. Personally, if I wanted something that looked like a Fender, I'd get a Fender, because only Fender sounds like Fender. And as for comparing this with a Les Paul...you can get so much better for cheaper.
    l3xbi
    corts are rubbish, i have one, and arn't all korean guitars rubbish?
    Kurt_Rosenwinkl
    ehh we got Les Paul haters in here. W/e just go use ur Digital effects and digital amps, and suck like the rest of the guitar world. to you any guitar sounds killer lol, of course your not getting the natural sound of the instrument when you go digital.
    CORT noob
    My cort was made in indonesia, not Korea, and I prefer the sound of my Cort over my friends Fender Strat.
    ninjaboy9
    mine was also made in indonesia and i love mine to bits not the best in the world but not as bad as alot of people say.
    rusty-knives
    Fenders are designed so that any retard could piece them together easily - easily mass produced. So that means that they're superior... in the japanese car company sort of way. Sure, it's cheaper and probably better designed... But where's the character? Actually, I take that back. Japanese cars are cool :3
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    corts made in indonesia are better. also i'd stick to the lp coppies that cort produces, they are so well made that i prefer them over anny other lp-s well over their price range. i mean come on, a cort lp for 300$ has a body and neck so well made that some gibsons that are worth 1100$ can't compare in quality. Change the pups with something that suits you and change the tuners and you are set for life.