G254 review by Cort

Cort: G254

It's very good for metal or basically anything else you would want it for. Remember this is a beginner budget guitar but it'll beat a Squier Strat easily. The pickups were nice in the shop but when I play them here they are just okay. Their nothing to phone home about. The bridge is not noisy at all, neck and middle have some hum to them but not too bad. Very good variety, sounds great in my opinion.

I play metal, it's a good match. I've been playing for around 6 or 7 years. I own a lot of guitars from Gibson, Fender, BC rich, and other brands. I wish that it had a proper setup, but that's okay. If it were stolen I think he'd buy another one but overall it's an okay guitar. Not as wowing once it was out of the shop but it's okay overall.

I don't know what to say about it because it's not my guitar so I wont be gigging with it. Personally I'd say bring a backup possibly. It might be okay, the strap buttons seem solid, the finish is already nicked so I don't know if it'll last but so long. it's very light so I imagine you could lose it easily if your not careful.

It was okay set up at the factory. The shop owner set up the guitar and it is okay. I mean I think he is a little on the cheap side work wise as the thing still has some string buzz and the pickups height wasn't adjusted. I'm not a tech but I know a crap set up when I see it. Guitar is okay overall. Not great stock wise but it had been sitting in his store forever. Had a few nicks and dents in it but he didn't discount it at all.

I don't know what year it was made. Made in Indonesia though. I didn't but it, I tried it out for a guitar student I had and I thought it would be a great starter guitar and really is. It has a basswood body and maple neck (according to the shop owner). it's sort of like an offset Stratocaster shape wise. Passive mighty mite pickups, wilkinson tremolo. 1 volume, one tone knob. it's an HSS configuration. Tuners are non-locking probably just Cort brand economy tuners but are okay right now.

The JesterHead
    Cort G250 and G254 can be shown as a limit for beginner guitarists, along with Yamaha Pacifica 112. By limit, I mean the guitar with the lowest price that can be considered a good quality guitar. Everything about it is perfect for a beginner with little money, and anyone looking for a cheap guitar that actually gives awesome results - this is the guitar.