G260 review by Cort

Cort: G260

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Lastra

As I said I don't like humbucker much. I play blues, rock, heavy metal and guitar pretty much covers it. The single coils are very bright and second setting on 5-way switch (both single coils) is extremely bright and acoustic like. I love it. Humbucker is not bright and it has kind of low output. But still it gives great sound The guitar is not noisy at all and it's great for live. It gives medium harmonics too. Overall, it's great.

I'm very glad I took this guitar. It's great. I've been playing for two years then, but now I play four. I still have it. I love everything about it. If it would be stolen, I would buy another one in immediately. It's got rich sound and great durability.

This guitar is great for live playing. The hardware seems it will last. The strap buttons are solid and pots don't hum. I wouldn't use it on a gig without backup, but mainly because of the risk of broken string. The finish is gonna last. Also if you scratch it on spot, it won't be noticeable.

Well, the guitar was set up great. Robust pots, great tuners, octaves set, pickups adjusted, tremolo arm is great. I was really surprised about the input. It's unbreakable. But the only thing is that strings are to far away from frets. If you put them closer, strings start to hum. But this is not bad for the price paid.

It's a great guitar. It was made in Indonesia (surprise). It has 22 I think large frets. It's color is natural, so no color. Its body is made of swamp ash and neck from maple. It's very beautiful and nice to feel. The neck is very smooth too. It's got Stratocaster body with a volume and tone control for all pickups. I like that Wilkinson tremolo it has very much. Awesome design. Pickup configuration is SSH with Humbucker coil split (tone control push/pull). Pickups are Duncan Designed. I like single coils very much, humbucker is not so good, but still nice enough for classic rock riffs. It has Die Cast locking tuners.

JoshPillar96
    Usually I dont like the looks or a strat or similar but this actually looks really nice. Good price too.
    BradTheBluefish
    Cort is easily my favorite guitar company. All the guitars I have we're Corts from high end to low end. They make everything anyone needs, from metal to jazz and rock to acoustic. You really can't go wrong with them. I'll be purchasing this guitar sometime around Christmas for myself.
    BradTheBluefish
    I haven't heard Duncan Design single coils, but I have heard the Duncan Design Hb102 that they use as the bridge Humbucker for this Cort. I can say it is a very good pickup. I can see it maybe not being as bright or equal in EQ with the other pickups, making it not a perfect setup, however, as a stand alone it is a very good pickup. One of my favorites IMO.
    BradTheBluefish
    It almost Christmas time. Still want this guitar but don't know what colour to get. Either natural or sunburst. Any thoughts?
    GunLeatherGuy
    You guys who call this a piece of shit etc. have no clue. I own mij ESP, ibanez and Jacksons. Made in the USA Carvins, charvels, jacksons etc..... This guitar for the money is flat out good! Korean made Corts are great guitars! They make higher end guitars for tons of other companies....fender, Gibson, ibanez, esp etc Don't talk out your ass just to be cool! Dipshits.