G290 review by Cort

Cort: G290

I'm still getting the strings broken in so it still has that metal sound to it still. But it sounds great. It's very verstile with it's EMG 89 humbucker and the two single coil EMG SA pickups. I'm using it though a Korg AX3G and a Laney LX65R amp. I play a lot of styles, blues, rock, metal etc and it suits them all, even without the pedal I can change pickups for a different sound. There is a little noise in the background but it is probably made by the amp or pedal.

This is the guitar for me. I didn't really want a Cort, I wanted to go with a different brand but now I'm happy I got this one. It sounds good, looks good, easy to play on, almost everything is good with it. The colour on it looks great. If it was stolen I'd probably get a new one if I could afford it. But would hope it was insured. The only bad thing, so far, is the height of the strings above the fretboard, if I lowered anymore I'd get fret buzz.

This guitar is solid and will last a while. It would withstand lots of gigs. Everything on the guitar is high-quilaty so it should last you. The strap buttons on it are solid and probably wont come loose, they also look cool so it adds to the guitars look. I have tried to keep the guitar well looked after and haven't get a noticable scratch on it yet.

The guitar was setup prefectly. Though the strings were a bit high off the fretboard, I lowered them and there ok now, still a bit high. The pickups were adjusted at the right height so no need to change them. The paintwork on it looks excellent, without any flaws in it. I haven't changed anything on the guitar except lowering the strings and it's good now.

The 07 model, made in Korea. 22 medium size frets. Body is solid swamp Ash with a quilted maple top. The finish is Shawdow Blue Burst which looks grey with no light on it. It has Sperzel Trim-lock tuners, CFA III tremolo with active EMG pickups. There's 1 volume and 1 tone, with a 5 way pickup selector.

minosk
    I've had this guitar for a few days now and I must say I'm speechless. I've owned everything from gibson to squire and inbetween and all of them have ended up on ebay apart from my Ibanez and this guitar. I've never even bothered to write a review for a guitar but this is is just so good that I had to make a comment. I give it a 9.5/10 can play anything with it from the cleanest of cleans to the dirtiest of dirt and it sounds and plays literally like a dream. You that face you make when you hit or bend that sweet note, this guitar gets me that face alot...and for a price that is ridiculous.
    BradTheBluefish
    I absolutely love Cort guitars. I only use them and my C-1 Custom from Schecter (also made by Cort). They've never let me down.