KX1F review by Cort

Cort: KX1F

Purchased from: Store

The sound is typical to mahogany guitars. Rich, full and bassy sound. The set-in neck, the strings-thru-body and the humbuckers makes this guitar very bassy and full sounding. The pickup spliting option makes a whole new sound available from this guitar, but I cannot say its a versatile guitar but it is obviously not meant to be. This is a guitar for someone who want the spesific mahogany sound. I tried it on lots of amps. Fender amps puts out a crunchier sound which I like.

I play everything from classical jazz to alternative to metal. I'm playing 8 years. This is my 3rd guitar after a cheap Epiphone and a Washburn KC-20. I compared this guitar to Ibanez SZ guitars (which are produced in the same factory) and choose the Cort for the coil tap option and the better price. Overall this is a great guitar for its price, more than expected.

The hardware seems solid and well done. I don't have it enough time to determ its durability and reliability.

Factory setup is pretty good. Pickups adjested ewll. The finish is beautiful. Even better than much more expensive guitars. The only flaw is the fretboard wood quality which is only aesthetical flaw.

Korean made, 24 frets, mahogany body and neck, quilted maple top, string-thru-body bridge, passive electronics, 1 volume 1 tone (coil tap), H-H pickup configuration.