KX1Q review by Cort

Cort: KX1Q

Purchased from: Bajaao.com

I am using my Cort KX1Q guitar with Roland Cube 20XL amplifier. I play hard rock/heavy rock/heavy metal from the 70's and 80's. I mostly play rhythm guitars and this guitar gives me the sound I need. With the set-neck and mahogany body the guitar has a rich sound quality and sustain which I desire of, which is a major bonus for a budget guitar. I absolutely love the Bridge pickup and use the guitar on Bridge pickup most of the times. The single coil function is a good additional option to have. The guitar is also suitable to playing Acoustic sound with its rich sound characteristics.

I have been playing this guitar for 3 months now. I love playing this guitar. I had considered buying ESP LTD MH 250 NT before buying Cort KX1Q. I thought Cort KX1Q was a better value for money and I am not at all disappointed. If you are looking for a budget electric guitar with good sound and can bear the absence of a whammy bar, look no further!

The guitar looks sturdy and well built. In my opinion the guitar can withstand live playing as it also stays in tune well. The only problem with using this guitar for live gigs is the weight. The guitar is a little heavy due to the Mahogany body and can take time getting used to playing for long hours standing, but then it is the Mahogany body which lends the rich tone to this guitar (no pain no gain!).

The guitar was setup well, the action and intonation of the guitar was perfect. The finish of the guitar is neat and the guitar looks stunning in the blue colour with quilted maple top. I also love the headstock design. The tuning pegs are comfortable to use. The pickups are a bit too elevated from the body for my liking and leaves a tight space for playing, its a matter of adjustment and is not a major issue. The pickup selector Switch is slightly loose. The volume and tone control are easy to use.

My Cort KX1Q guitar was manufactured in 2010. Its made in Indonesia. The guitar specifications are: - 24 frets, 25 1/2" scale. Rosewood fretboard. - Mahogany body with quilted Maple top. Blue colour. - Mahogany Neck. Set Neck. - Superstrat body style. - Tone Pros licensed locking bridge. String through body. - EMG passive pickups. Neck - EMG HZ SA1 and Bridge - EMG HZ TB1. - 1 Volume control, 1 tone control with single coil tap and 3-way switch. - Die-Cast non locking tuners. - Di'Addario strings (.010 to .046) Additional Accessories - Picks, Guitar Strap