KX5 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Cort: KX5

It doesn't have to bad sound actually I play mostly punk, a little bit of zepplin, some Slash etc and I use a crappy practice amp but I've played it through I better amp and it actually has a nice tone with wich you can do quiet a lot.Only problem is it is pretty noisy if you use single coils.

It is not a bad match I suppose and with a good amp it can actually get you some nice tones. This is my first electric guitar so I don't know if you can trust my review that much. I would deffinatley not buy it again seeing as I've had so many problems with it but if it didn't have these many faults I probly whould have rated it a 10 everywhere. If I where you I would rather save up for a Ibanez or a Epiphone or something because its not that great but then again every guitar model propably has one or two that are defects.

Well I have played live with it but I don't really jump around and bang it against stuff. It has fallen a few times cos my strap sucks but it hasn't broken or anything. My biggest issue with this thing is that its volume knob is faulty and I can only use it on high volume other wise it doesn't work ( and I've only had it for a year) I think I should take it back to the guy who sold it to me to get it fixed. Strap buttons are solid and I think they will probly last longer then the guitar itself. I have played without a backup and it hasn't dropped me (yet). Another thing about the volume know is that it doesn't really stop nice and sollid it kinda go's on so you should be carefull to turn it to hard. Oyeah the bolt that held the input jack fell out and it took me a whole afternoon to get the thing so that it would stay.

Action was terrible when I got it it buzzed like hell so I had to take it back finish isn't bad. Tuning pegs got loose after about 6 months and pickups were quite high. No other flaws except that the body kinda scratches easy but o well can't do anything bout that.

Rose wood fingerboard, maple neck, basswood body. 24 frets with a 25.5 scale probly made in 2008/9 ish. And I got a crappy cable( that lasted 2 moths) and some tools to adjust the truss rod. Made in Indonesia. Coil tap to Switch between single coil and buckers. Pickups are Motherbucker Zebra BKHD. Tuners are die cast with a string through body.