KX5 review by Cort

Cort: KX5

Purchased from: MG Music

The sound suits my music style which is Rock, some Punk and some Metal. I am using it with Behringer (not knowing the model) and Cort MX-15. The clean pickup sounds perfectly clean and the distortion doesn't make many feedback sound.

I played Punk and Rock, also Metal those were a perfect combination to be used on this guitar. I have been playing for 1 year. If it were stolen simply I just bring the serial number to the police and the seller can sell it nowhere. I wish it had a electronic tuner.

I have been using this guitar for 6 months and I really love this guitar. The strap buttons are solid both. I really can depend on it. Because this guitar has it all. I think the metal bar on the fret rust slowly.

The guitar and pickups were adjusted perfectly. But after 4 months use, I got the jack loose and creates sounds, then I decided to bring to the music store and clean it up. The metal part of pick up and jack rust after 6 months.

It was made in Indonesia. Not sure about when. Bought the white pearl body and black line around it. - Construction: Bolt-on - Body: Basswood - Neck: Canadian Hard Maple - Binding: White (BKM) / Black (WP) - Fretboard: Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm) - Frets: 24 / Large (2.7mm) - Scale: 25 1/2" (648mm) - Inlay: White dot - Tuners: Die cast - Bridge: T.O.M Bridge with string through Body - Pickups: Motherbucker MB-2F & MB-2R (H-H) - Electronics: 1 volume, 1 tone (w/push pull), 3way toggle - Hardware: BK (Black) - Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (046-010)

ystone
    BOUGHT A KX5FR A FEW MONTHS AGO..(no..not angry- capslock- off now). i used to play harsh buzzing kind of music that a lil' sharp or flat here n there on the fret juz won't bother me in fact it contribute to a higher degree of garbage/trash fuzzs,..until at this one moment when i tried doing some tapping - why does it sound so crap in all entire craps i had. then the knowledge of intonation and suitable strings kicked in. i love tune o matic bridge, but to express the wrath and anger, i was thinking, one equipped with a f.r(-like)/tremolo should add up the juice. i chose this guitar for it's pretty cheap compared to any other among its league. the 1st string buzzes on the first fret if picked hard for i turned down the gap between the strings and the board of fret..at first i was afraid if the was an intonation issue on the 8-10 fret, it turned out that the two 1st and 2nd strings already done and should 've been buried long time before the guitar met me.besides sad-i'm-dead type of melody, i play the i'am- so - angry..the kx5 fr had been humped like it's been on its peak on teenage best humping experience -- the kx5 fr can take it..except just for a lil' flipflap on the tremolo tho'- it may get a lil' too soft after two hours of humping around that if i got carried away and held the guitar in awkward position, the note starts to get slippery..tightened up will do i guess, and there, all the bridge levelling process shall take place too...be patience - "said women take it slow, then it'll work itself out fine.." hahahahah
    bloodymosh
    I've been playing this guitar for sometime now The action is terrible first it was high now i adjusted the action but it buzzes in the first fret
    1ton
    i've had one of these for a week now, i paid 100 for it, it is like a new guitar. what an awesome guitar, feels solid, plays great,many many tones from this machine truly unbelieveable. i'd be rating it better than my rg370dx anyday!