M200 review by Cort

Cort: M200

Purchased from: Wright Music Co

I play different style from soft alterantive to heavy metal and this guitar handles it perfectly. It is very easy to get this guitar to sound like I want it. I use a Randall amp and they work very nice together.

Overall, it's a great beginner guitar. I would use it in a live show, though I would have a backup in case of a string breakage. It is a very versitile guitar and sounds great. I just wish the electronics were better.

This guitar is pretty durable. I have dropped it many times and it hasn't gone out of tune once. I leave it above my airconditioning vent at home and it keeps tune. The only thing is the saddle. It had a tendancy to break the lower strings. That is pretty much it. I don't think you could loosen the strap buttons if you were god himself.

I adjusted the action after I got it because it was so low that it would buzz. I fixed it as much as I could but the low E still buzzes a little on the high fretts. The pickup selector clicks when you flip it. This is the lowest part of the guitar I think. I would definatly replace the electronics when buying one of these.

It was made in the USA though I am not sure what year. It has 22 frets and is solid body. It has a beautiful stained finish and I don't even like the stained look. It has two tone knobs for each humbucker and an over all volume knob. For the price I paid for it I think I got alot. I played a First Act (Wal-mart guitar) before it so it was a big step up.