M200 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Cort: M200

Purchased from: Music Go Round

I play all types of music (classical guitar major and in metal bands) so I play just about anything. When I originally got this guitar it was just because it resembled a PRS guitar and I liked the body style. Unfortunately this guitar only has decent looks, nothing else about this guitar is even remotely impressive. The bridge pickup is the weakest, thinnest sounding pickup I have ever heard. Even after height adjustments and pole piece adjustments it still sounds just as bad. If you play any kind of rock (which usually relies on the bridge pickup) this guitar is not for you. This guitar just doesn't make heavy sounds. The neck pickup on the other hand is honestly one of the best I have ever heard. It has a very distinct voicing and retains a bassy sound while remaining crystal clear. It's perfect with just a hint of overdrive. I use this guitar with a Roland jazz combo and a tubescreamer and that's about the only decent sound I can get out of it. The sound of this guitar really failed to impress me overall.

I play almost every type of music for guitar and I haven't found one style that this guitar excels at. It is simply too cheap a guitar to really have a decent sound. I have been playing for quite a long time and this was the worst guitar I have ever bought. I do like the looks, but that's all. I wouldn't replace this guitar if it was ever stolen, it sucks so bad I'd probably have to pay someone to steal it.

This guitar sounds so bad I don't know anyone who would attempt playing a show with it. I think the sound of this guitar would be your biggest worry, not the guitar falling apart. I think it would hold together, but I would definitely have a backup if you were going to try to gig this guitar.

The action on my guitar was terrible. Almost the entire neck has buzz when I bought it, and even after much truss rod adjustment it's still not perfect. The pickups were way too low but that was a simple adjustment. When I first brought the guitar home the jack where the cable plugs into the guitar had recessed inside of the instrument. This was a huge pain to fix but I eventually was able to get it to normal. This guitar has absolutely horrible quality, I have seen better used guitars than this one.

The Cort M200 is a cheap PRS body style copy. The key features are a bolt on neck, 22 frets, 2 humbuckers, and a tune-o-matic bridge. THe guitar is glossy black and has 1 volume, 1 tone, and 1 3-way pickup selector. This guitar has most of the normal features of guitars in its price range but has no features that really make it stand out.

nitromaniac
    whoopwhoop whoop finally found another scottish person e.g the one who got his guitar in r&B
    bebe17
    I played one of there guitars today just for the hell of it. I think it would be a great beginner guitar. You can get a great clean creamy jazz/blues sound with the pickup selector in the middle position.
    jarobkid
    The reason for the buzz is down to the poor quality of the nut, the nut on my cort z22 wore down eventually till it was noticable. So just change the nut and it should be fine and its not an expensive adjustment
    Pavle92
    I have this guitar for almost a 1 year. Never had any problems. Sounds perfect. Worth evry $