M500 review by Cort

Cort: M500

Purchased from: eBay

It suits my music style very well. I play anything from heavy metal to Indie, such as Black Sabbath, Metallica, all sorts of punk, Chilis, Eric Clapton, Hendrix and many more. So far I have not found anything I can't play (except probably thrash metal). No problems here.

I am very pleased with this guitar. I suits my styles of playing (see above). I have been playing about a year and a quarter (as of Feb '05) and the only other guitar I own is a Strat copy. This thing I love about this guitar is probably the finish. It rocks. You have to see it close-up to really appreciate it. So far I have not found anything I don't like about it! My favourite feature has to be the coil-tapping. Very useful. I'd definitely give this guitar an overall 5/5!

I would definitely gig with this guitar. The hardware seems very hardwearing and I would only take a back-up in case a string broke (a problem with any guitar). The strap buttons are very sold and to not wobble. The finish looks very tough and does not look like it would wear easily.

As I mentioned before, I bought this second-hand so I don't know exactly how it was when it was new. However, when I got it, the action was very good. There was no rust on the tuners, bridge, saddle or frets and the pick-ups were well adjusted. Very nice.

I'm not sure when this guitar was made, but it was before 2001, because this model was discontinued in that year. It has 22 medium frets (I think they're medium) and I got it in deep metallic red. It is very deep red, it looks like red wine: ) It has a bolt-on neck. It has a PRS style body with arch-top. It looks very classy indeed! It has 2 humbucker pick-ups, 1 volume control and 1 tone, but the thing I found very interesting is the coil-tap. This is an excellent feature that allows you to play the humbuckers as if they were single-coil. Very useful. I bought this guitar with hard-case but I'm not sure if it was bundled originally because I bought it second-hand.

Bjeck
    tis a very very nice guitar. my favourite. onlu problem ive found is the screws on the pickup tend to come lose more often than they should. but thats pretty small and do give it a hell of beating 4.5/5
    Miquespa
    Yeah, I have one aswell as my first electric guitar and I consider it as a good one. Especially if you like to play many styles. Of course there are a lot betters but this will go for me. 8.5/10