M600 review by Cort

Cort: M600

Purchased from: Ace Acoustics

The guitar is great for all types of music, which I play, simply because sticking to one style now bores me! I find it is best suited to metal, blues and punk rock. The pickups do it a lot of justice, even through my Indie Sky10 practice amp, I am yet to get a new "gigging" amp. The effects I use with this are almost all Behringer, The Ultra Chorus -> Danelectro T-Bone Distortion -> Ultra Flanger -> Ultra Metal -> Hellbabe HB01. Maybe you ask why I use distortion and metal? well, I find for blues, the dano pedal fills them shoes, whereas the metal one, pretty much does everything else! The guitar is generally quiet, which is great for home practice, but as I say, I've not had chance to check it out gigging. The sound is amaingly crisp, it gives a warm vibe off, it just blew me away! this guitar has the usual PRS settings, one tone, one volume, 3-way toggle, which I must say, suits this, very well, the coil tap contributes to the quality of the guitar, maybe the only fault with it is the quietness of it, but hell, for what it is, I honestly couldn't care!

This guitar should be able to meet the expectations of most guitarists. I have been playing around 4 years now, and I know a great guitar when I see and play one. This is defiantely one of them. I own an acoustic, Westfield E1000 Strat copy, Indie SG and now this fine piece of art. The SG and this one are my favourites, but the Westfield was my first, so I won't part with that, or I doubt any of the ones I now own. This guitar, requires no questions asked really, it's just amaingly good. I just wish I could have been a bit more, against it, but I just can't. If I had this stolen, or lost, I would get it again. It isn't rediculously priced at 279, and it's just a great guitar, no matter how long you have been playing, Cort will do you proud. I didn't compare this to anything else, and I'm so glad I didn't, this has the makings of a true legendary guitar, just needs to be established that little bit more!

I've not had chance to play this Live, or even test it at band practice. But I'm going to go with the answer yes. it seems like it can take a beating, not that I'm going to do that, but I have that feeling about it. The hardware is chrome, Ultra shiney, as you'd expect, the strap buttons, are also chrome, and very sturdy, they won't, or shouldn't come loose any time soon! I probably would use this in a gig without a backup, but it's hard to say, because I love to use my Indie SG for certain songs, so I probably wouldn't take it alone anyway. The finish on this is as good as any other of my guitars, well, all 4 of them, infact, I'd rank it with my SG, it's a thick finish, that will take a lot of time and effort to damage, I don't wear a belt, so buckle rash won't be an issue!

Well, put it this way, how did it come from the factory. When I opened it, I actually said wow, that's how good it was. I was amazed at the quality of the build, the pickups were attatched perfectly, in a great position, was built ready to play, adn even came in tune! and hasn't gone out yet (had it 1 day now). In all honesty, as much as I'd like to find a flaw with the guitar to make this less of a review that's just kssing the ass of my new guitar, I can't. I have had no issues at all what'soever, it's just, wow.

Where do I start, the guitar was originally brought out in '04/'05, and made in Korea, my edition however was made in 2007, the difference being the EMG HZ pickups instead of some other branded ones, not sure on what they were it has slipped my mind, the 2007 M600 was also made in Korea. The guitar features 22 jumbo frets with a low action, perfect for me! I would have preferred it to follow the PRS Tradition and go with the 24 frets, but 22 is fine. It has a thru neck, beautifully made. The neck and body are mahogany with a flamed maple top in a range of colours, I personally went for antique violinburst. The others include black cherry, honey or just black. The fret board as expected is rosewood. It features mother of pearl inlays with abalone in the right hand corner of each, it looks truly stunning. The guitar has active, and passive pickups, which are helped by being uncovered, they transmit such a good sound!

eggy1991
    you have no right to criticise, you love gibson and fender so much and huge brands, you are aware many of their products are made there right? I HATE the UGers that feel its just an opportunity to slate someone/something, its childish, mindless, and not needed, i feel moderator intervention should see this cut out, or the offenders gotten rid of, simple as.
    lavazza
    Easier said this guitar is really great. I never played a better one, even for much more money. Mine is from 2005.
    teehee1988
    Cort are excellent guitars. They beat the hell out of a lot of more expensive guitars. Fenders, Gibsons etc you pay for the name.
    nitromaniac
    korea may not make good cars but the gitars are bloody brilliant and for all you wankers goin on about how guibson and fender are so much better than corts guess wo makes guibos and fenders?
    nitromaniac
    also you can get corts that sound as good as SG's for half the price, gibsons and fenders are good but they over price just for the lable
    AngryGoldfish
    I'm afriad theres going to be people who are just complaining at everything because they either want to look "cool" or they have nothing better to do. Some people are just like that in their personality. You will never be able to get rid of them.
    BigTex
    I have just purchased a Leftie M600 from guitars.co.uk and I have to say it is an astounding guitar. Perfect build/finish. Action low and fast. No buzzing. I did take advantage of Supplier's Premier service set-up, but no idea how much work they put in. The range of tone is exceptional. Now, here's something that'll get some of you going. I have played rock/blues for over 40 years and owned a Gibson Flying V (60's) and Guild S200. The M600 blows them away - no argument - better on all counts excepting the Kudos. Buy it!
    eggy1991
    Hopefully my review did give you a little guidance with it, I don't like to be overly kind about things, but rather be tasteful, and pick out faults. difficult with this thing though! and yes, sadly you do get people who think they know it all, sadly not...
    alliwant
    Played one last night at a mini Cort show where the acoustic guy Matt Mariott came and played a great set. The M600 just felt quite nice to play, set up nicely, etc. Pity I didn't get to plug it in...
    khazzar
    I just got this guitar last week for christmas, i tried it out in the shop and it blew me away. Totally agree with teehee1988, it has a great sound and an excellant build!