M600 review by Cort

Cort: M600

Purchased from: www.guitars.co.uk

I play a huge range of different music. I use it mainly with a Vox AD30VT amp, but have also used it with an Elwood amp. The clean sounds that you can get from this guitar are something to challenge much higher priced Fender Strats and Teles. Because both pickups are coil tapped you can get a hug range of tones out of this guitar. It is one of the most versitile guitars I have ever played, I can not recommend it enough.

Overall I can not recommend this enough. For the money you can get no better and I would argue this guitar beats the hell out of more expensive *branded* (ed Fender, Gibson) guitars. When I brought it I spend a good amount of time in the shop trying out different guitars, even handmade more expensive ones, but I felt the M600 came out on top. A slightly thinner neck would be nice I have to admit, but it's not a big neck by any means, it just takes getting used to just like any new guitar. If it was lost I would buy it again in a flash. Being a UNi student I am constantly poor, but uld find the cash somehow to get it, it is such a bloody good bit of kwoit.

Although I haven't had it long so I can't comment too much on this, it seems very durable indeed. Nothing on it seems flimsy or likely to break. I would certainly gig with it and not bother taking a back up without a doubt. Like any guitar ware and tear will take their toll, but as long as you care for it I can't see excessive playing causing any problems.

If there were any flaws with the action and finish I could not find any. The guitar looks beautiful to start with and plays just as well. I played it in the shop before it was setup properly and even then it played very well with no fret buzz at all and a nice loqw action.

Guitar is part of the new 2009 range made in Korea. It has a mahogany body with a maple top and a rosewood fretboard. It is a twin cutaway, fixed 22 fret neck, fixed bridge with 2 EMG-HZ pickups. What makes this guitar even more versitile than it already is, is that both pickups have a coil tap, so can be turned into single coils easily. It has a Standard 3 way selector Switch and tone and volume controls. It is a very nice guitar, it is not too heavy, but you still feel like you are holding a good bit of kit. Unlike other guitars you do not pay for the name with Cort. They make guitars for Ibanez and Sphecotr to name but a few. They are extremely good guitars, I can not recommend them enough. And guitars.co.uk (I actually went into the shop) is probably the best music shop online or offline that ihave ever used.

Imbalance
    OMG i hate people who critisize good guitars it may not not have a major label on it, but they still sound darn good and are made to a good standard
    goldenslumbers
    exactly just the name is what people look at. i play a rogue bass and it blows half of the big names out of the water. so im gonna look into this cort brand because it looks like they make some kickass guitars
    AU josh
    cort make nice guitars. they had a top selling guitar for 2 years straight. n i liked that n thought about buying it. but.. ltd won me over lol but its a hot guitar.
    ongbakkneedrop
    ♥☼O♥ (Chris) wrote: korea=gay. 'Nuff said.
    haha did you just call the contry of korea gay...haha....that made my ****ing day