M600 review by Cort

Cort: M600

Price paid: A$ 715

Purchased from: Music 440

I play all sorts of styles but mainly Rock, Metal. I couldn't see any flaws in playing mixed genre's with this guitar. I'm only running a small 12watt Peavey Solo amp so I'm probably not getting the best sound but when I tested a bunch of guitars in the shop this guitar definately stood out. The sound was a lot crisper then other guitars in the same price range (Ibanez, Washburn and some other Cort Models). I also use a DigiTech RP-50. I use a range of different distortions and they all sound great. I also use heavy delay and chorus effects which bring the house down. Sustain is what you would expect, on par. There is usually no noise coming from guitar when not playing unless your using extremely heavy distortion.

I've only been playing just under a year but I would definately recommend this as a first guitar. It has great feel to play and the fretboard is easy to work your way around. If this guitar was stolen I would be annoyed and I would probably be grumpy for at least a week or so...

The guitar seems very solid and the finish is ready to last. I go from Standard Tuning down to Drop C Tuning quite aften and the guitar stays in tune with only slight adjustments every couple of days. I use Top Heavy strings as I play Metal half the time in heavy tunings such as Drop B. There has been no problems with dropping the tuning this low.

From what a could see as an amateur no adjustments needed to be made to the setup. It comes ready to go. The finish looks great and the tuning pegs felt good. The guitar body is thinner then the average guitar giving it a nice light feel but when strumming heavily you can feel a slight vibration throughout the guitar.

I bought the 2007 model made in Korea as my first ever guitar. I wanted something that looked good and played/sounded reasonably decent as I didn't know much about guitars. This guitar definately met my expectations for the price. I've seen this Guitar for around the mid AU $900 mark. But that's the retail price, make sure you get a good deal (About 25% cheaper then retail). For what you get (Mahogany w/ flamed maple top, Rosewood Fretboard, EMG-HZ Pickups, Ivory Binding and 22 Large Frets) you really are getting a great deal. I compared hundreds of guitars in the same price bracket and found this guitar definately had the best price/features ratio.