M600 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Cort: M600

Price paid: € 25

Purchased from: A Relative

I don't think this guitar sounds great, even with a great amp. I played it with Fender Twin reverbs and the Marshall JVM series amps, but it sounds nowhere near as good as a Les Paul or a Stratocaster. The bright and mellow sound really depends on the strings you use, I use Ernie Ball Slinkies with this and the guitar butchers the sound of these strings. I think the sounds you get from this guitar really comes from the amp.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again: The overall tone you get from this guitar depends on the amp. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely not buy it again, I would buy something else, maybe a Squier Strat or an Epiphone Les Paul. I think this guitar is 300 or 400 Euro new, and to me it is not worth the money. What I don't like about this guitar is that it doesn't feel comfortable to play, the strings don't feel right against the fretboard.

The hardware in this guitar can break, so I wouldn't take any chances with it at a gig. The strap buttons on my guitar are not solid. I seriously couldn't depend on this guitar at a gig. The finish is good and it does seem to last, it's been around for a good few years now. I only use this guitar for bringing around to my friend's she'd to practice, the she'd is tiny and the guitar bumps off a lot of things.

Because I got this previously owned, I can't tell how well it was set up because my cousin had being playing this for a couple of years and he could have adjusted hardware and the truss rods on it. I had to replace the pickups because the original ones were broken. The action and sustain wasn't great. Although the bridge was fine, in good, working order.

I have had this guitar for a few years, I got it off my cousin cheap it was made in Korea. It has 22 frets, but I don't like the fretboard, there is just this feeling that I don't like when I fret notes. The neck is fairly thin. It has 2 cutaways so it's easy to play at the upper frets. The bridge is a tune-o-matic. There is 1 volume and 1 tone knob with a 3-way pickup selector Switch. The guitar goes out of tune very easily, even after new strings have been broken in they go out of tune.

GuitarEzy
    They say that the difference between a Mexican Fender and a USA Fender is that one's made by Mexicans in Mexico and the other by Mexicans in America! Bet ya there're heaps of Korean guys working the the Gibson/Fender plants... ;->)
    seanandahalf
    Ruchitya T Anan
    yeah they are..although its stupid to say all the materials they use are also from America..who didnt hear about that Madagascar wood gibson was using through some other exporter?? see, not even the bigshots are clean hands! ha..and cort is a company that also makes guitars for other companies fyi.not too sure whether its the entire guitar or not but they do make stuff for other companies..one of the reasons why their prices are comparatively very low.
    WantzChas
    seanandahalf wrote: For all you ****tards who think Gibson and Fender are made in Korea. You're wrong, they are made in America that's why they have such high prices because the people that make them aren't being payed 3 cents but an actual pay .
    You're so naief