M600 review by Cort

Cort: M600

Purchased from: Guitar Zone

Playing Blues this guitar sounds amazing, especially with the rockier more modern Blues. As I said I DO use a modelling amp so I'm a bit uncomfortable stating things about the sound. When I crank the volume pot to full on other guitars, I tend to need a noise gate, which I don't have, due to a little bit of fuzz and uncontrollabilty. (Way to make up words). This said, the M600 doesn't behave in this way and stays well controlled.

Repeat everything I wrote again in here? No thanks. Well... Yeah it IS a very solidly built guitar I would definitely recommend it, I've played for 5 years now, and it's the best guitar I own and I don't feel the need for something more expensive or a new guitar for the blues or the generic rock styles. I am buying a guitar in another half a year but I will use it for different styles, I feel the M600 accommodates all the needs for blues and most rock.

I'd use this live. I haven't but I would. It's really reliable, feels lovely, I feel very comfortable playing it. I don't feel I'd need a back up to play a gig with it, not that I could afford one. It never slips out of tune, as long as you don't use age old strings obviously, but it is very reliable this way. Tight machine heads and what not.

I bought this, perfect condition, a surprising level of workmanship in it. Learning it was from Korea I was slightly apprehensive, I didn't know anything about if Koreans were good building quality but I let that slide. The pick ups are set well, although if I am not plugged in, the neck pick up DOES rattle a little bit when I play an open E, higher frequencies don't do it. I never got it fixed as it's so minor.

I won't cover the spec, it's been covered in all of the other reviews, apart from to pass comment. The neck is real thin and so feels really accessible and so it's a real easy play. The action works out fairly standard, if not a little lower which is good. I use the guitar for a lot of rock and blues mainly so it works well in maintaining a good level of sustain without feeling like the strings are meters from the fretboard. The finish looks lovely although sounds odd to describe, a yellow lining around the body with maroon-y red and the wood pattern showing through. As mentioned by others the fret markers are lovely, with the pearl rectangles and then one corner is different (don't recall what it's called. First reviewer mentioned it). Mine is Korean, passive p-ups and is a Tune-O-Matic bridge. I use a modelling amp so to comment on the p-ups may be redundant but they DO work really nicely with the amp nevertheless, which some of my other guitars cannot achieve the same sound. It has one tone and one volume pot. The tone pot pulls out and pushes in, making the p-ups function as single coil as well as humbuckers. A big bonus for me. A rare feature I like to find too.

normskinormski
    WantzChas wrote: seanandahalf wrote: For all you ****tards who think Gibson and Fender are made in Korea. You're wrong, they are made in America that's why they have such high prices because the people that make them aren't being payed 3 cents but an actual pay . You're so naief
    You mean NAIVE surely