SP-3 Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 12/20/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Cort: SP-3
The finish is black and it's shiny. It is the same finish type as my friends Fender Strat and they are almost the same guitar. It has a string-thru body.
 6.9
 8.2
 5.6
 4,123
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
SP-3 Reviewed by: CORT noob, on december 20, 2006

Features: First of all I would like to state that I am not a guitar expert. All I can tell you about my guitar is what I can tell from looking at it and playing it. It was made in Indonesia. I think I bought it in 2003, which means it was made around that time. It is a 22-fret. The finish is black and it's shiny. It is the same finish type as my friends Fender Strat and they are almost the same guitar. It has a Strat body, string-thru body. It has a volume knob and two tone knobs and a 5-way selector. I don't know the make of the pickups, but it's S/S/S. // 8

Sound: I play mostly alt and grunge. This guitar is perfect because it sounds good with my Boss ds-1 and very good clean. My favorite pickup settings are the bridge and mid mixed, and the neck and mid mixed. With those two I can get a Really good grunge/alt sound. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: There are a few quality flaws, but no major ones. For one, The pickguard is warped up on the bottom edge a little, but hey, a good pick holder. Also on then neck pickup it appears their is a small wire sticking up, although that affects nothing what so ever. The pickup selecter statics loud when you Switch between settings, or if I'm really rockin' (yeah right) I'll hit the pickup selecter with my strumming hand and change the setting. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've never played Live, but I'm pretty sure my guitar would survive. The hardware seems like it will last. The plastic cover on the wammy bar snapped off (no biggie) because my guitar strap snapped and my guitar landed on the concrete floor of my garage. But the guitar was fine, so I think as long as you've got a good strap on there it's trustworthy. I would use it on a gig without a backup just because I'm too poor to buy a backup. The finish is good, not a scratch from the garage incident. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for me. A cheap decent quality with a wide variety of sound is perfect because I like a lot of kinds of rock, even though I can only play the easy stuff. I've been playing for about 5 years I'd say. I play this guitar with my Boss ds-1 and my gorilla 30 watt amp. If it were stolen or lost, I'd hunt down the person responsible, because I don't think they make these anymore. I love the sound. I don't really hate anything about it, but I dislike the strap I bought with it, which I replaced. My favorite feature about it is that it looks like a Strat, so my friend Who has a Fender Strat and brags about all the people Who play it, I tell him I thought it looks more like a Cort. Compared to my friends Fender, It is a little lower in quality, but the same on everything else. Compared to the Squier Strat, blows it out of the water. // 9

Comments