TS-250 review by Cort

Cort: TS-250

Purchased from: Private seller (secondhand)

I play alternative, punk and a bit of AC/DC and GNR. It suits my music quite well, playing mainly with distortion. The humbuckers are noiseless. Very 'Les Paulish' sound. I play through my practice amp, a Roland Cube and a Boss OD3 for a boost. But the real test - a tube amp. It sounds great through one. Cleans are also very good using the neck pickup, but at its best with some good distortion or overdrive.

Good match to my music, sound is where it really sticks out for me. Better than the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, in my opinion. Great features for a low price. I have been playing for 4 years. Great Les Paul copy. If it was lost I would try and find another one at a good deal, however these guitars aren't very frequently sold. My old guitar is a cheap Strat copy and this completely demolishes that.

It would withstand live playing pretty easily and the strap buttons are solid. Hardware built to last. It is my second electric guitar and I rate I could play it without a backup with no problems but better be safe than sorry.

I got it second hand and it came set up quite nicely with 9s and a low action (no fretbuzz). Pickups in a good condition. Not a flaw on the finish although it is 3 years old. No frets sticking out. No rust or anything like that.

I am reviewing the Cort TS 250 (now CR 250). Mine was made in Indonesia in 2010 in the new Cort factory. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard. It is a Les Paul copy. It has rectangular inlays that look like the mother of pearl inlays on Les Pauls. It has a flamed maple top (mine is trans. amber). I am not sure if it is a veneer or solid top. It has a set mahogany neck and a solid mahogany body. 2 humbuckers (covered) It has a tune-o-matic bridge, white binding. A tone and volume control for each pickup. Vintage pots. 3 way selector. Tuners look like Vintage Les Paul ones. Overall a solid guitar, 3 years old, sturdy electronics. It comes with a decent Cort hardcase.

MarkoakaNiggaK
    The guitar is a good one, the review bad tho. I recommend changing the pups as soon as you buy this guitar as it was built with better hardware but weak electronics. Make sure you isolatee it well with copper foil and you got your self a neat guitar. It fits the hand well and has a good balance meaning all the frets are accesable so no problems there.
    BradTheBluefish
    I would definitely recommend a Cort Les Paul copy over a Epiphone Les Paul. This Cort is like the Epiphone's back a few years good, when Epiphone was actually a smart investment.
    Metalloy
    i am first i want to everyone of you who beleived in me, and special thanks to my family and friends.