TS-250 review by Cort

Cort: TS-250

Purchased from: Local Store

Well, I'm not that impressed by the quality of the sound of this guitar when it comes to unplugged playing. It has a kind of full, dead sound. I usually need a mini-amp to play it when not home and I don't like it at all. But when it comes to a metal, heavy sound, it just blows up the amp, especially a little one. Most of the time I play classic rock, but also a bit of Pantera, Metallica and some metal licks. When playing Metallica and Pantera I swap it to the Cort.

I think this guitar can easily play what kind of music you like. I've been playing for 1 year and I own a Jay Turser JT-200 Serpent model, a Behringer GM108, a Marshall MS-2 and a Hora Reghin SS300 Walnut (http://www.hora.ro/chitara_eco_ss300.html). If it were stolen / lost I wouldn't buy it again, not because it's not a good guitar, just because I know that if I would add only $100, would have a better guitar, like a Jackson JS-32 Rhoads V, or an Ibanez RG350DX Wh.

YouTube preview picture

As being a $300 guitar, you can't expect playing it very much without any signs of wear-off. The strap buttons are pretty solid so it won't fell off easily. It's not that bad a guitar in durability terms, but, of course that you can't rely on a $300 as well as you do on a $2500 one. It's a practice guitar, not a touring one, so reliability does not matter much if you take care of it. I mean, just buying a cheap guitar stand ($10) can protect it against so many damages.

As my first guitar, I didn't know what a good factory setup was until I bought the second one, a Jay Turser JT-200 (also made a review on it), but after a while, after I realised how a bad setup could affect my tone (case of JT200), I thanked God he gave me a guitar with such a good set-up. If you are a low-action maniac, you'll be happy to see you can really push it pretty down with no fret-buzzes coming up.

This is actually a very good guitar for distorted metal riffs. I was impressed by the power the riffs are being given by the pickups. Mine was made in 2009 in Indonesia. It's a full mahogany body and it has a quite good finish. No problem with the tuners, nor with anything except the jack input. It is rubbish. It fells just after you wiggle the cable a bit, but I'm pretty sure that not all of them have this problem. The bridge is a little bit damaged or "burnt", but I don't know exactly why. It definitely happened along the time, after buying it.

markleehunter
    Disappointing to see such puerile comments. MarkoakaNigga is right, this is a VERY good guitar. I don't agree with him that the electronics are weak. I've played this instrument and it has a very rich LP sound. The single cut is practically a Florentine, really deep and quite beautiful. Epiphone is making some very good guitars these days -- the guy who said they're no longer a good investment is not up to date, I'm afraid -- but this one really hits above its (price) weight in looks and sound.