VX-2V review by Cort

Cort: VX-2V

Purchased from: Music Factor

The Cort VX-2V is great for metal, its definetly a hardass axe, its good for playing blues or any other style but it was definetly made for more brutal sounds and isnt as good for other styles. I use a 1950's Falcon R221 or and old russian all tube Typhoon amp and a Zoom G1X effects pedal with it. Great sound quality, no unwanted noise, you can make out a very beautiful metal sound which is just wonderfull.

So its no doubt a guitar for metal maniac, I would never trade it and it wil serve for a very long time, it takes some time to get used it but when you do you just can't take your hands off of it. There are 2 things that I would change in it: the pickups(I would change into EMG 81 and 85(but this is just my taste)), and I would change the bridge into a Kahler because its more comfortable and reliable to me.

You can definetly guig with this guitar and it will hold out until the end. The guitar is rock solid and I trust it, however I have some doubts in the pickups and I'll probably change them. Some people say that the long wing is a bit of a pain because it scrathed however mine is in perfect condition without a scratch on it.

When I got the guitar it was all set, I just needed to tune it. The pickups were in good position however I slightly ajusted them. However I needed to ajust the bridge because it was a bit too high. I haven't found any flaws and its built very nicely.

Made in 2009 in Indonesia. 24 jumbo frets. Fairly light, could be a bit lighter but its no big deal, the body is made of agathis and the fingerboard is from rosewood. Bodystyle is similar to a Jackson Rhandy Rhoads RR5 model. It has a locking Floyd Rose bridge(tune-o-matic). The Floyd Rose on this one is pretty ok, it keeps the tunning quite well but somehow I didn't realy like it, they should have put a kahler bridge which is much more trustworthy. I have blocked the Floyd Rose on this guitar and made it solid state. The VX-2V uses open coil EMG-HZ pickups which are realy great for metal, and have a nice thick sound and do good on solos as well, but I'm still thinking of chaking them into 81 and 85. Basic controls: 1 volume knob, 1 tone and a 3-way toggle(neck, neck&bridge, bridge positions). Die cast tuners, which are great. The gig bag that you get is pretty good, doesn't leave scrathes or anything and is comfortable.

TripleN666
    I like this guitar, its cheap and plays pretty well. My only problem is that the tremolo gave up on me WAY TOO FAST. The wood is not great too, I cant tighten one of the neck screws anymore.. that sucks. But thats about it. I love the way it plays.
    gokulprakashsvk
    how good is the tremolo.does it stay in tune or goes out of tune.im planning in buying one this week.gonna be my first guitar.tnx in advance