X-1 review by Cort

Cort: X-1

Purchased from: OnStage Music Factory

I play metal like Disturbed, Megadeth etc & play a little blues & other clean stuff. It suits it decently well. I use a Line 6 Spider III 15 & the produced sound is decently nice, especially in the insane channel. It is pretty ok for some basic shredding. Overall sound is quite good, considering how cheap the guitar it is.

For my genre which is mostly metal, its good. I've been playing it for over 2 years & though I am about to buy an Ibanez RG2550Z Prestige, I would never sell it as I have emotions attached to it & it was my first electric guitar. If it was stolen I would have bought the X-2 or the X-6 but now as I said I am buying the Prestige, I wouldn't want 2 buy it again.

I think it can survive on the stage. I have gigged with it a handful of times without a backup & it didn't blow it. The worst experience I have had with it is during my grade 2 exam, the 1st string went out of tune. Everything else on the guitar like strap buttons, finish etc are well-built & made to last.

I bought it in India from a shop called OnStage, so I got the pickups fixed. I keep the action a little high so that it is a good/hard practice guitar. There was absolutely no other problem with it.

I don't know the year of manufacture but it was made in Indonesia. 24 frets (jumbo)rosewood fretboard, 25 1/2 scale. Matte finish. Maple neck. Agathis body. Body type is Strat-like. 6 screw Vintage trem. Cheap Cort humbuckers (passive). Vol, tone & 3-way selector. So, these were the facts.