X-1 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Cort: X-1

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

I play Metal and the pickups although not good quality they have a very good sound for my style. Clean is not so good but still you can enjoy it.The only bad about the pickups is that they are a bit noisy. It would definetly be good for a begginer metsl player...!

I play mainly metal and the sound is pretty good for a cheap guitar. I've been playing for 4 years and its sure that I deserve a better guitar. I usually use this with an old amplifier my grandad gave me (Firm:Driver) which has gain so its fits me well :)If I had it stolen I would surely not buy it again. The main thing I love is the paintwork (Bloody Punisher Style) and what I hate most is getting out of tune so easily.

This guitar is surely not for live playing as it will go out of tune after 1-2-3 songs. I have a crack in the connectors between the body and the neck but the guitar have suffered many falls in these 4 years so its build to last(Only for training though). Strap buttons are very solid. I never had any problem with these. This guitar is surely not to use in a gig without a backup and I wouldn't depend on it cause of the tune problem.

The guitar was a bit messy at the setup.The pickups were good adjusted but the guitar went EASILY out of tune. I mean one bend=out of tune. That got me angry. The action is medium to low and I am very satisfied although I prefer FULL low action. My teacher had a Yamaha pacifica and it was like gold in my hands when playing this extra low action guitar.

CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-on BODY: Agathis NECK: Maple, Modern "U" Shape BINDING: n/a FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 15 3/4" Radius(400mm) FRETS: 24 / Jumbo (2.9mm) SCALE: 25 1/2" (648mm) INLAY: White Dot TUNERS: Cap covered BRIDGE: EG7BV 6-screw Vintage Tremolo PICKUPS: EG4B (H-H) ELECTRONICS: 1 volume, 1 tone, 5way s/w HARDWARE: Chrome STRINGS: (042-009) Ive never made any adjustments than these of my own cause in my town all Guitar techs sux.