X-1 review by Cort

Cort: X-1

Purchased from: Paul Bothner Music

I play metal and this guitar suits my music style perfectly, the action is nice and low and it has a decent Vintage tremolo, I use a Roland Cube 20X with a Boss ML2 Metal Core Pedal, a Boss AC3 acoustic simulator pedal and a Vox whammy pedal and this guitar sounds great. The guitar isn't noisy at all really and for variety of sounds wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to play things like jazz or classic rock, this guitar is just an easy shredding guitar.

If it was stolen I would replace it because this guitar is so comfortable to play with because of its double cutaway. I love almost every aspect of this guitar and the only thing I hate is the loose input on my one. I wish it had a double locking tremolo but if you pay a little extra cash you can buy yourself the X-6 but I didn't like its paintjob, so I didn't. I've been playing for 3 years now and this guitar suits my every need.

The guitar has a great finish, its nice and solid, and could survive alot of bumps, the strap buttons are solid but I would still use strap locks, just to make sure the strap doesnt't come loose on stage, I would use this live and I'm pretty sure it would be able to withstand live playing, I would use a backup just incase something had to happen, but that's just me.

This guitars action is perfect in my opinion, nice and low, perfect for metal, the only problem I've had witht this guitar is that since I've had it, is that the input jack comes loose sometimes which can be very irritating.

This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2011, it has 24 basic dot frets, it has a great solid body that can handle quite alot of bangs and smashes. It has an Agathis body and Maple neck, this guitar has a matt finish which I prefer to glossy guitars. It has a Strat-like body. This guitar has floyd rose bridge and active pickups. It has one volume and one tone knobs, and It has EG4B pickups which are pretty much stock Cort pickups, but they do a really good job, the tuners are non locking and it came with a Cort soft bag.