X-1 review by Cort

Cort: X-1

Purchased from: Music Works, New Zealand

I usually play metal, Metallica, Pantera, Death etc and it suits them pretty well. I use a Laney 10 watt which is a very good amp for it's price. It would sound good but the pickups are pretty average. For a starting guitar I guess they're good but for palm muting etc some of the sound is lost and the pickups don't have enough sustain! But overall it's a pretty good sound.

This guitar is a great starter guitar for the aspiring metal gods. I was playing for one and a half years when I got this guitar and it was and still is a bada-s guitar. I think if it had some more awesomer pickups (higher output) then it would be one hell of an awesome guitar. But I'm migrating to bass so it doesn't really matter. But for $300 NZD it was basically a steal. If it was ever stolen I don't think I'd buy it again, because as I said, I'm moving to bass HAHA.

YouTube preview picture

I think this guitar is pretty durable. I've given it some hate and it still plays fine. The bridge and tone knob are my only criticisms here. The god-damn whammy bar snapped sending my teenage years into disarray and destroying my hopes and dreams as a guitar player. Just joking but seriously it was a bit of a drag seeing as if I wanted to buy a new bar, I'd probably need to get a new bridge, but I'm moving to bass so it doesn't really matter. And the tone knob was loose and you can easily take it off, but there is an easy fix to this, DON'T TAKE IT OFF!

I think the guitar was set up pretty well, (I don't really care about guitar setups, bass setup is where it's at!) One criticism I do have would be that one of the saddles collapsed but this was easily fixed with an Allen key haha.

I'm not sure where it was made but it was made in Indonesia, 24 jumbo fret rosewood/maple neck, passive Cort humbucking pickups, superstrat bodystyle, 6 screw Vintage bridge, 1 volume and 1 tone control

Linkerman
    [quote=CliffandSlash]I'm not sure where it was made but it was made in Indonesia [/quote] Priceless.