X-11 review by Cort

Cort: X-11

Purchased from: Richard's Guitars

I had this guitar 6 months and I love it! I play mostly metal. However, I am in an experimental rock/metal band and we incorporate influences of whatever we can to confuse the audience. This guitar is fantastic for metal! I am a huge Pantera fan and this guitar is great for anything from Megadeth and Sepultura to Sabbath and Alice In Chains! The single-coil is called useless by lots of people but it gives a great clean sound and really sings with a bit of chorus. I can play Cemetary Gates and sound like Dime! There are 9 pick-up variations, making this guitar VERY versatile. IT is also very good for blues. The floyd-rose has great sustain and the guitar can handle high-gain like a pro!

great guitar. A pro guitar at a low low price. It's a steal! Try the X-6 if this is a bit too pricey for you. They're basically the same.I chose the X-11 cos it has more bass response to my ears.

I've played live with this and it's been fine.

It was professionally set-up by the shop so It was perfect for me! Really low. However I re-adjusted the pickups to the optimum hight for me; maximum height (and therefore volume) but low enough so they don't interfere with the floyd-rose. The finish is perfect. Unavoidable tiny pick-scratches from where my friend was careless playing it. (bloody heavy-handed bassists, eh?!)

- Basswood Body - Flame maple top - Rosewood fingerboard - 24 jumbo frets - EMG humbuckers X2 - EMG single coil X1 - 5 way pickup selector - Coil tap push-pull pot (tone pot) - 1 volume pot, 1 tone pot - Double-locking floyd-rose tremelo system - Locking nut