X-2 review by Cort

Cort: X-2

Purchased from: A Friend

I play everything that wont melt my fingers, and the Cort deals with all the abuse I've dished out on it. I use a valve amp my uncle gave me and its a bit diapidaded but it sounds great through it. It's very bright on the bridge pickup and nice and warm and grumbly on the neck. I think tis gutar is very capible of making whatever sound you want it to with a bit of coaxing.

I play everythin from shred (well I try) to grunge and some metal and it seems to cope pretty well sounds fine to me at least. I've been playing for about a year and also have three acoustics my favis my Tanglewood tw15ns whisch is a beautiful guitar. I love it! If it where stolen I would probably buy an Epiphone SG or something along those lines purly cos I'm experimenting and want something different the only thing I wish where different is that it slips out of tune too fast a locking trem or mabye locking heads would have been nice.

It would survive live playing, mine certinly does but it doesnt ike being bashed about too much! The hardwares all solid and I'm expectin to be playin this axe for 10 years or more, I would bring a back up to a gig tho just to be safe. And the finish is sound doesnt scratch too easly. And keeps its Shine really well too.

Action was good but as you go lower down the neck for solos the strings are a bit high but only a bit. Pickups where great, really couldnt have been betterand all the components where fine, the jack input came lose but that was easy to fix with some pointy nosed plyers and a screwdriver.

My Cort X2 was made in indonesia, not sure when though. Features are as follows: - Body: basswood - Neck: maple - Fingerboard: rosewood - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25 1/2" - Fret: 24 jumbo frets - Pickup: twin humbuckers - Color: cool avalible in red blue or black (mines blue with yellow tribal designs painted on it). This is an attractive guitar, its finish is perfect, it's polished 'till you can see your relection in it. It's roughly modeled on a Strat but it's attractivly carved and has a very uniquely contoured body with a tremelo bridge (through back). It's controlled by a simple 3-way Switch and two humbuckers, and it has diecast tuners and kidney pegs.