X-2 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 5.4 Decent
Cort: X-2

Purchased from: Good Vibrations NZ

I play mainly chilis and in a contemporary band, this guitar sounds ok as a guitar for chilis but is horrible for a contemporary style guitar, as a metal guitar, this thing would be sweet. The pickups are very loud and theyhave given me feedback on low settings several times, but that is more likeley an acoustics problem of the place I play rather then the guitar itself. I plug this guitat into a relatively powerful cutsom made amp and a cheap practice amp, it definatley suits being up loud. Sadly this thing sounds a bit nasty on cheaper overdrives.

Compared to what I play this guitar doesn't match well at all, and really is built for metal. I've been playing for 5 years and own 2 acoustic guitars (one electric, one regular) and one elctric, I have a cheap practice amp but play with a much bigger amp when I play properly. If this was stolen I would feel sorry for whoever had to tune this and would probably save up and buy something more stratty as the middle pickup gave me a taste of the Strat sound. I love the range of this guitar, but the floyd rose kills the playablility of this guitar. It is also fairly heavy, so I found lugging it around a pain. Overall this guitar would only be good for playing around with the whammy bar in the studio, and it's rango of sounds mean you can have some fun with the system, although you may find yourself retuning every few minutes with this system.

I have played this live(ish) once and it went out of tune very fast, for this reason it isn't suited to live playing, unless you have several lined up in tune, which nobody does. The hardware will last a long time, although the input was a tad loose. The strap buttons weren't los and never dropped this heave guitar. I would never depend on this guitar or as a backup live as it is too hard to tune and won't hol it properly. I had this guitar in red mettalic and the finish look like it could last some serious abuse, even biting this thing would have little impact.

The action on this guitar is quite low, and scince the floyd rose will nail most light strings, the heavy guage strings you end up putting on this result in a fair bit of buzz on several strings. The pickups are quite nice, although almost too loud, as I bought this second hand, although only a few months old, it had been set up well. The main problem with this guitar is it's cheap floyd rose system, which broke 3 stinrgs in the first month I had it, because of this, I would not reccomend this guitar to anyone Who wants a reliable guitar and not a studio one.

This guitar is a 24 fret beast with a low level floyd rose system on it. It can produce a very wide range of sounds but it shines mainly as a metal guitar. The pickups on this thing are ridiculosly loud and can have some feedback issues. It's best feature is the 2 splitable humbuckers, which give you alot to play with.

Ace Frehley
    ^ hope it did, cause I'm gonna buy her this weekend!!! And i tried it in the shop that I'll buy it from and it was excellent!Let's hope it will stay strong and tuned in my first gig in August!
    gibsonlespaul44
    i used to own a cort x2. i now own a les paul. but ill say the cort x2 was great for hard rock, punk, and heavy metal. best for heavy metal tho. great guitar.
    gibsonlespaul44
    also back when i first got it i walked into the shop, (i am more into punk music) the heavy metal look of it greatly caught my attention. about a week later i bought it and it sounded amazing through my marshall mg100hdfx. i reccomend this guitar.
    Ace Frehley
    It worked perfect on my first gig.I played on a Marshall amp(Valvestate120 watt power)with a foot switch of it's own and it worked perfect!!I recommend this guitar to anyone!
    geetarfreak
    I have a cort x2, good guitar overall, but I have to agree that it does have some tonal issues (e.g, very muddy when you adjust the tone, i just leave it on bright and adjust it on the amp!). A perfect intermediate guitar, that's built like a brick.
    TripleN666
    just got this guitar. it's look & it's sound just KILLS my old strat. i love this guitar.
    dyaspin
    not a bad guitar but definitely has tonal issues. its wiring isnt the best either, since i've had to repair both a broken ground and a short since i bought mine.