X-2 review by Cort

Cort: X-2

I play some grunge, but mainly stoner rock and death metal (eg. Fu Manchu, Acid Bath). I have a $50 Kustom amp, and for the most part use full overdrive, voice, and volume, and it's noisy, even when palm-muted. Mainly I use the low-tone favouring pick ups; I'm not sure if it's back or front, It has a nice crunch, but playing clean amp chords is too noisy and foggy, I like the tone, though. It does what I need it for.

When I first saw this thing, it really caught my eye. If this thing were stolen, I'd probably buy an X-11, as it's the next step up in quality. I'm only a novice player, playing for about a year and a half now. It's the thrid guitar I've had in my hands for a while. the other was a First Act ME506 which I got in horrifying condition for $0, and a hnad-me-down Castilla acoustic, which is fairly good. I only wish that this thing had more pickup options, because there's not much difference between the three settings. I think I'll keep this around for my first serious recording, which could be three years from now. I will never stop loving this thing though.

This guitar seems like it will take a trashing, and it has very sturdy strap buttons. I would gladly play this guitar without a backup, because this guitar won't f--k around with you. This thing will bend to your will and hold the load of playing Reign in Blood 500 times over and over.

The black finish on this guitar shines like a mirror, and it was set up very well from where I bought it. If you run overdrive, the pickup selector makes an echo-y high pitched clunk, but not any matter, really. The fret-wire was very nice and smooth, and all the electronics perfect.

My X-2 was made in Indonesia and has a high gloss black finish. It has two double-coil humbuckers, and a floating, string-through body, tremolo bridge. It's got 24 frets, a tone and volume knob, and three pickup options on the same Switch. It's a fair-weighted guitar, well balanced, too. It's "Strat" style, but has some serious champhering everywhere but the base. I got a gig-bag, stand, and a U.K. pattern strap separate, at an expense ~$50 and a shitload of picks.

SchalkRL
    UTTER SH*T.Hums like a minibus through my amp.volume knobs are shaky with no indication of volume level.Action is unequal.Truss rod is stuck,and UTTER SH*T.Sounds like a electrified paint can.How can u give this Piece of waste a good rating!!!!!