X-2 review by Cort

Cort: X-2

My style varies but its mostly metal and heavy rock, and this guitar is amazing for the style, its not a smooth tone, that is build for blues. Great sound on my cheap amp, I used lame overdrive but recently I got Rocktron Metal Planet distortion pedal, and it fits into any metal song I know, song from bands like Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden are to be played with this guitar. Overall its a great guitar to start with.

Overall its great for metal and hard rock, I use a cheap Peavey Backstage amplifier from the TransTube series, gives me great tone, I use a Rocktron Metal Planet distortion pedal, a Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus pedal, and an Echo/Delay Ibanez pedal. I can't really compare it to my Epiphone Les Paul guitar, which is designed more for blues/rock style.

Have this guitar for almost 3 years not and it has not let me down yet, remains tuned for at least 3 hours of playing for me at least, and still serves me well. The finish remains clean, except from minor scratches that does not even go through the paint and are only noticeable in specific lightning. Looks pretty awesome even though I bashed a few times in the walls by accident.

Several times while I was playing The jack input came lose but it wasn't something I can't fix easily. The day I got the guitar I got a free setup for it, and its almost perfect, without an amplifier the guitar gets some weird fuzzy sounds, but its an electric guitar so it does not matter anyway.

My guitar was made in Indonesia, a blue guitar with a Maple Neck and Rosewood Fretboard, with 24 frets and Die Cast tuners. - Body: basswood - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25 1/2" - Pickup: twin humbuckers Good looking guitar but a very simple design, and it wont leave you speechless.

Sargeist
    I was pretty ok with this guitar until i got a ESP LTD 207C which completely took my urge to play with other guitars ... the Cort X2 indeed is a solid guitar worth its money, but as soon as you advance your style and playing techniques you need something better (and of course more expensive). To draw a conclusion: Good beginner guitar, but you will soon need a better one! (I mean, what can you expect from a ~150 guitar? Best you can get for the money though!!!)
    chris_chris9
    In one of the reviews I read that it has some sustain issues, and I want to ask if someone had the same problem, because I'm planning to buy the X-2.
    theserpent1321
    Mine has mad it through to years of rock/metal. I love my X2 guitar and wouldn't trade it for anything.
    basezero
    I am ok with its sound but then when we use tremolo the strings get off tune and the strings produces a dead note while pressing 18 to 22 fret. I am not sure if others have encountered this problem. X2 users i could use some help.
    basezero