X-6 review by Cort

Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Classic Guitars

My music style is a metal rock kind of style so this guitar was almost perfect for that for me. I use a Fender 15B Frontman bass practice amp with a Danelectro Fab Metal pedal and a Jimi Hendrix Wah-pedal so it sounds pretty good distortion and clean wise. It can get pretty bad feed-back with the pedal because it was a cheap pedal. I can do alot of effect sounds on it including horse-whinny's, squeels, and a bunch of other whammy-bar effects, and it is really easy and awsome for things like that. It has a pretty narrow sound variety mostly for metal and hard-rock. Great for that kind of music and for the price.

I play mostly metal music so again it's great for that. I've been playing electric for about a year and a half and bass for 3 years. I also one a Squier percusion bass (soon to be fretless possibly), a Samick Malibu with custom chain strap. Also a crappy Kawai acouostic. If it were stolen I probably woudn't buy another one. Probably a Epiphone maybe even Gibson SG. I hate the tuning issue but I love the fact that my floyd rose keeps it in tune for a long time. And my favourite feature is the pull sharp and push flat whammy bar. I compared this to an Ibanez with all of the same things on it then I saw this used for almost half the price of the Ibanez. I chose it because of the price and because it was just as good in my opinion. I wish it had strap locking buttons (soon to have).

I am going to use this guitar at a live performance in the next month witha friend of mine on drums for a cool solo so I am damn sure that it would withstand a live performance only if you kept it in standard tuning. For drop tunings it wouldn't be though. The hardware seems like it will last and they have lasted for the time I've had it for about 2months now. I'd never depend on any guitar unless someone like Ed Roman made it, but since my other guitar is as basic as I t gets I'm going to have to depend on it as much as I can. And the finish is the black 2004 or 05 that's what year I think it is because it has chrome not pure black hardware and the finish has lasted unnoticably. That's how good it was in my opinion.

I had it set up so I can pull sharp and push flat with the whammy bar. Really hard to tune perfectly with the floyd rose. Took me 2-hours the first time because of the sharp and flat whammy. The pickups are in good condition and work fine. The only bad thing with the guitar wen I bought it was the back strap button screw was stripped but that was easy to replace. It was used when I bought it so great condition for a used guitar. I met the person who sold it to the guitar shop and he said that he babies his guitars and so far I believe him. No major malfunctions at all.

It was made in Indonesia and I think it's the 2004 model. Chrome Hardware. It has 24 Jumbo frets. Black finish. Strat style. FLoyd rose bridge. Volume and one pull-up tone. 2 humbuckers and a single-coil. grover tuners I think. Came with gig bag No charge.