X-6 review by Cort

Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Lemca Instruments

I play mostly metal (well actually almost the whole time except maybe 4-5 songs). I use a Roland cube 15X with it. This guitar I think is excellent if you want to play metal or rock. I play things like "Sweet Child O' Mine" of Guns N'Roses to things like Behemoth which for those Who do not know is a black/death metal band. And it always sounds good and fitting to what I want to play. Thanks to the 5-way Switch and the coil tap you can make a wide variety of sound. Just by fiddling with those controls and the equalizer on my amp I managed to get a blues sound, a jazz sound and many other. A strong 10 over here, because I think it's the best sound and variety of sound you can get for this price.

I think this is the perfect guitar for a beginning metal player. It's not to expensive, but offers great capabilities. If it were stolen I'd buy another one, since there's nothing better in this price range. I love the locking of the strings. Even though it means extra time when tuning it does keep it from losing tune even when playing around with the tremolo. When buying it I was comparing it to the Cort X-2 which is cheaper than this has a one way tremolo and doesn't have the single pickup and has worse humbuckers. The difference in price was not to big 50 euros I think. So I decided that the extra features on the X-6 are worth these extra 50.

After I had the guitar fixed and especially the input jack in place I have to say that this guitar is able to withstand live playing. It seems that it can last, looks sturdy enough to me. I haven't been bashing it around so I can't really tell. I had no problems with the strap buttons, but some may be annoyed that one of them is on the bac of the guitar, I find it quite nice. I can depend on it, but if I haven't changed the input jack I'd be forced to bring a backup to a gig.

The action is a bit to low, because the E string hits the frets if you're playing on it. I had no problems with the pickups or the bridge. However I did have quite a problem with the input jack. At first it wasn't holding to well and the screw fell off from time to time. Eventually when one day I screwed it back on and then plugged it to the amp I broke the two wires which were soldered onto the input jack. When I went back to the store they soldered it back on, but they had to send me to a guitar repair store, because now when connected to an amp the guitar buzzed like mad. Fortunately it was nothing serioues and the guy just changed the wire. However, it was annoying, but because I managed to get it fixed for free (warranty) and now the input jack doesn't move at all (it was changed) I won't lower the rating too much.

My guitar is deffinitely not from the newest batch, because mine has the Mightymite Humbuckers while the newer ones have Bluebuckers. However, I do know that this model is made in INdonesia and to be a bit more specific: somewhere on the Java island. The Cort X-6 has 24 Jumbo frets. The guitar is bolt-on construction with the body made of basswood and the neck mad of maple. It has a nice contoured body, I really like it. It has a double locking Floyd Rose tremolo bridge. It has two knobs (volume and tone which is also a coil tap switching the humbuckers into singles). It has H/S/H configuration and it has a 5-way switch.

fleh
    dnamra13 wrote: i own this guitar and this thing rusts very quickly the knives of the tremelo suck and one broke off, and when you do like 2-3 divebombs it is out of tuning so im totally pissed off that i bought this guitar so everyone out there who wants a guitar with a good floyd____ check Ibanez cause those tremelo's hold their own in a shredding divebomb battlefield
    i own a cort i bought it after the tremolo on my ibanez broke i luv my cort about to write a reveiw buy it
    Metalic Demon
    i got my x6 for 110 (damn thats cheap!) and, apart from my friends 2000 ibanez, it is one of the best guitars i have ever played i cant see myself getting another guitar in the near future (well maybe an EVL-X4 or a bc rich warbeast) because this one is just so great. the only down side of mine is that as it is the cheaper model of the x6 it didnt come with the tremlo arm, but i dont need one anyway btw did i mention it is one of my favourite guitars ever