X-6 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Ebay

I play all styles and this guitar I use for my rock and heavier playing the guitar is easily good at these styles. It can just about pull off a clean blues sound but jazz it just sounds weak. Thin sound-chords are sometimes a little bit hit a miss. Having said that it produces a nice sound when tone is rolled off and played with distortion. The amp I use is a Laney HCM-65R.

Overall impression is that this was a good choice as a second eletric guitar has I feel that for a hundred pounds that I have had good value for money and that the guitar has served me well. I bought this at a time when I was playing a lot of metal and it was a good match. If it had got stolen I would of bought another one if it had been roughly the same price. Would recommend this guitar to anyone Who wanted an guitar for an imtermidate player.

This guitar has withstood Live playing for about 4 years now, with back up, but now I have decided that I do need to upgrade it. Most of the hardware is still sturdy with exception of trem arm and coil tap. Strap buttons did give me a problem but after screwing them in a few times they have holded nicely and I have not had a problem since. The finish is still has good as the day I bought it, no noticeable scratches on it at all.

As I received this second handed I can't comment on factory settings. However, after giving it a proper set up I noticed some problems. One was that one of the screws connecting the input jack to the body was completely the wrong size, the pickup selector Switch fell off after I received it, the tremb arm was loose in socket and the tone knob was wobbly especially when out in 'tapped' position.

My guitar was made in Indonesia in April 2002. It has 24 frets on a thin maple neck with a basswood body in super Strat style. The body is a solid top with a metallic grey finish. The bridge is licensed Floyd Rose. Passive unbranded pickups with one volume one tone (coil tapped) and a 5 way switch. Pickup set up is humbucker, single coil and humbucker.

Jackous
    dnamra13 wrote: everyone out there who wants a guitar with a good floyd____ check Ibanez cause those tremelo's hold their own in a shredding divebomb battlefield
    Just thought I'd mention that Cort Manufacture Guitars for Ibanez.. They own the Factories.
    13luckybastard
    i have the blue flame finish (tasteful, i know! it was a present =D) one hangin on my wall right now, and while it has a special place in my heart (having learned to play the more advanced stuff on it) i'm not picking it up much anymore because: -the floyd sucks so much the tuning falls a quarter tone every time you leave it alone (which is undescribably frustrating) -the neck/fretboard gained a characteristic "S" shape after a year or so, caving in right at frets 15-24 so playing anything there resulted in fun times.