X-6 review by Cort

Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Muzica Store

I play alot of Joe Satriani and shred... Blues-rock style and, so far it suits me really well. The bridge pickup got a fat, bluesy sound, but it keeps the sound bright and crisp. I am using a Behringer GM108 Amp, X V-Amp and OD300 (clone of OS-2 from Boss). By now, I am building myself a custom overdrive pedal (I like to make it really tweakable so I'll put all kind of switches and trimpots on it). I've build a simpler version of it in the past and I really loved it... But that's a long storry. There is little to no noise even on a high gain setting. The sound is rich (maybe I could use a little more bass but I add the bass from the pedals so it's not actually an issue) and really bright. I can't tell that for the clean setting. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the clean seems really dark, little treble. Maybe if I will use an eq pedal or treble booster I will fix this problem. It got a wide variety of tones, and a pretty HOT output but it cleans well when the volume is rolled down. The coil tap adds some brightness to the sound, but also it cuts down some volume. Let's give it an 8 because the clean issue.

As I said, I play alot of Joe Satriani style music and blues-rock and so far, I love the sound and the comfortable neck, how wonderful it is to shred on this neck it's like hovering over the string, I don't feel any pain at all in my thumb (on my Aria, 10 seconds of shredding were painful because the neck was pretty thick and C profile).It really fits my style and my hands. It feels like it was made for me and my hands. I've been playing for like... 1 year and a half and I have an Aria STG-003 Electric guitar, Behringer GM108, X V-Amp and OD300 (and upcoming DIY overdrive pedal), also a JB5 Microphone. All I need now it's inspiration. I looked very much over the Internet to find informations about it before buying it and they were all true. If it were stolen? I dare that awful person to steal it and I'll cut his limbs for doing that. I would definitely buy another one, or buy a higher price Ibanez if I had money. I love the sound and the neck. I won't say that I HATE the strap button, but I wished it was more... Normal. Favorite feature? Double Locking tremolo system, that's why I mainly bought it. I had to choose between an Aria MAC-45, a Dimavery FR-321 and this one. Now I wouldn't even think choosing the other ones. I wish it had... More switches but only because my mad love for tweaking every part of the sound. 9 for this.

Live playing? Definitely. It's rock solid and the hardware is strong and well tightened. I don't know how much will the bridge will last before the knife blade will get dull, but it seems that it will last for a long time. I somehow like the... Weird positioning of the horn strap button, it's behind the horn, not on it's tip. I don't do gigs that frequently, only had 3 in my guitar life and my gear had withstanded it easily. This guitar will resist for sure. I would always take my Aria STG-003 as a backup, not because this guitar would not resist, but only because a string may break and to change a string on a double locking trem is a bit difficult. The finish looks solid, but I would not mind if it wears, I always loved relics. 9, because, although the strap button behind the horn it's nice, it's a bit uncomfortable, I think I will change the position of it to the horn's tip.

The setup? I got no problem with it. The action is perfect, also is the intonation and whammy spring tension. It tuned so well and also stays in tune even with whammy using. The pickups were a bit high for my taste, I've lowered them a bit. There was no problem with the finish, hardware or electronics. I feel like the tone pot is a little too easy to turn, but it may be like this because it's a push/pull. 10 for this section.

A wonderful black Cort X6. It was made in 2012 in Indonesia. It got 24 frets (Jumbo I think). It got you profile neck, very comfortable for me, and rosewood fingerboard. I wanted to buy the SM version of it but it was defective (one clamping screw on the bridge was broken). It's solid top, made of Basswood with a 5 stripe maple neck. It's a Superstrat type of guitar (more like Ibanez guitars) with a Cort Licenced Double Locking III bridge and locking nut. It got 3 Bluebucker pickups in H S H configuration, tone and volume with 5 way selector and Push/Pull pot on tone control for coil split. This guitar came with no other accessories but 3 allen wrenches. I give it a 9 because it really should come with a guitar cable, I mean... What if I am a beginner and have no cable? I need to buy a cable also. Luckily for me, I already had cables.

AdeVictoria
    I have this guitar for 6 months. The neck is very soft, so It's easy to play. Good sound. Good for Beginners
    Metalloy
    i have this guitar for 4 years now: advantages: fastet neck i ever played tuning stays forever if you dont use the floyd rose drawbacks: although muuuuch better then any tremolo in it's price range, a slight change of tuning will occur( not tha big really but it is their and it is annoying) if this is to be your main guitar for a whilr, consider changings pups. impression: a really sweet deal, really the neck is perfect and that alobe is worth buying it. But you'll have to know that you cannot go crazy with the floyd rose, at leadt not on stage.