X-6 review by Cort

Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Instrument garage/Lebanon

This is pretty versatile guitar, It can really play any style, especially for the added feature of a single coil tap. I play metal, rock, clean stuff, blues... Not an expert in any style if you really want to know but this can suite any style good enough (it will not nail or perfect a style, it is a good all a-rounder). I've used many years with a DigiTech RP150 and a Crate FW15. Recently things have changed, I got a small tube amp Vox Ac4t, and some pedals (JHv1, Boss Ge-7, Vox way...), and only now I can really appreciate the sound, because back when using the FW15, switching pickups or switching to single coil made little to no difference for me. Is it noisy? In general no, however the E and A string if played open can buzz easily, nothing you can't live without but it is there. The biggest plus of this guitar is the clean tones, just amazing, you need to hear it through a good amp, I actually like the clean tones on this one better then my Washburn Wi65 Pro which is equipped by Seymour Duncan (maybe I'm still not able to dial a good clean tone out of my Washburn but for now I like the X-6 better in clean). Note to be noted though, the harmonics when switched to bridge pickup are great, not really the case in neck and middle pickups. (Whereas my Washburn performs good in harmonics on all pickups). So overall I would give it a 8 (I will not take into consideration the buzzing sound in here).

This was my first electric guitar, and a great one to have. I love it. Has it flaws, but they grew into me, the only one that keeps annoying me is the slight detune that occurs if the floyd is used a little aggressively, but if played without using the floyd rose while being gentle to the floyd the tuning will stay forever. If it is stolen, I don't think I'm gonna buy another one, but I will surely defend this one as much as I can, It is my first electric, we've through a lot together, has a great sentimental value for me. I recommend this guitar to anyone looking for versatility and quality and want some floyd rose experience on the cheap, It is really one of the greatest investments I have ever done. The neck enough is a good reason to buy it. Hope you found this review helpful.

This guitar will surely withstand live playing, I tis really built to stay. Everything is solid and this axe will live years and years to come for sure. I would definitely gig it without a backup. Finish is great. No complaints at all in this department.

This was setup by the shop of I am not mistaken and here is where the guitar is a little less impressive: as mentioned earlier, when played open, the E and A strings buzz, Not that annoying but you really don't want that. The volume knob was really stiff and needed oiling, nothing serious and now works flawlessly. The Floyd rose bridge, the reason why I bought this guitar in the first place, although a great performer when it comes to the range you can go between, a slide detune will occur, which is just enough to ruin the experience. The pickup selector, can easily collect dust to a point where it can actually mute your guitar unless you hit the switch or fiddle with it a little, but if you blow on it and clean it a little it will back to normal. When connected, If you fiddle the jack a little you can hear noise as if you turned on the amp but you didn't connected to the guitar, so I guess there's some faulty wiring in there. Enough of the bad things already there's some good points: the finish is great, it can get a hit easily, after 3 years of using and mistreatment from the family and the made, only 2 miniature finish pealed I can find (I'm talking about the glossy finish and not the color). The neck is just amazing, fast and comfortable, I just love it. So, although most of the problems in here are not that critical, things could've been a lot better.

I bought this baby about 4 years ago, a little less, If I would've rate it back then I would've given it a 10 on every field. Now that I am a little more experienced, things have changed, but I will always love it. I believe it was made between 2006 and 2008, in Indonesia. 24 frets. You already know most of the features. Mine is Red Satin finish. Licensed floyd rose. Stock pickups (HSH). Over all for the price, this is really full of features, not top of the line for sure but everything is there so the features gets an 8