X-6 review by Cort

Cort: X-6

Purchased from: Rhythm Scape, Guwahati, Assam, India

Really a great guitar for punk, grunge and metal stuff. The Bluebucker pickups are extremely loud. I love the tone controller. Its almost as active as a wah pedal ya know. But my Ibanez had a better and sweeter tone to my ear. The (only drawback of this ax. I actually play alt. Rock and grunge stuff. This axe is a little dirtier for my genre. It throws ut a nice HOT and loud screaming sound for metal. The clean is tone is alright though with the single coil... I found it a little harsher. Nevermind. You could never get the Gilmour or Eric Johnson tone with this axe. Noise is not a thing of worry with this guitar. The bridge is pretty bright and excellent for searing leads. You can get the Slash "November Rain" tone, and Eric Clapton's "Sunshine Of Your Love" tone pretty well with the neck pickup. When you split the pickups, and use with middle pickups for clean, it will thow a pretty nasty tone. You'll never get the stratty kinda sweet tone.

I love playing nirvana and AC/DC kind of riffing and the pickups carry them out nicely with a warm, bright tone. If your playing a Strat or a Tele, you'll need to rearrange your pedalboard if you switch to this one. Let me give you an example. Use a SSS Strat with a with a DS1 distortion knob at 12 and use this with SD1 with the gain knob a little more than 12 o clock, you get much the same amount of distortion. I've been playing this ax for 3 months and am completely in love with her. I would definitely buy this one or an X11 (if I could arrange the money). I love everything but the clean tone about this ax. I am surprised the bridge is soooo good for this price. I played floyd rose before, but I bet this ones got the best bridge. Compared to my previous Ibanez GRG 170DX, and my friend's Ibanez RG I found this far better... I wish it had Duncan pickups... But I won't complaint about the Bluebuckers.

Tis will definitely withstand live playing if and only if you don't break a string. I would not recommend to go on stage without a backup guitar only because of this cause. Because putting a string and retuning will take ages. So if you break a string on stage and have no backup, you better come back home and mourn. Nevermnd, its a common problem with all folyd rose styled guitar. The hardware is definitely tough. don't worry. But you likely to touch and the volume and the tone knob and turn them accidently when you're strumming. They are over smooth. Which I found really disgusting when I play live. Like I mentioned you can depend on the hardware. The double locking is built to stay in tune. But I would not recommend divebombs live. It Will last for ages, But a being a knife edge bridge, after 2 or 3 three years, I would not hope to get as good tremolo action a now.

PERFECT. I loved the finish. It's a Cort boss! The fretboard is real butter. The intonation was perfect. Action was perfect and the bridge was perfectly at zero. The pickups were little high. So I lowered them a little bit. I wanted to lower it a bit more but the screw was short. You don't really get full access with the trem because the magnets are very very strong and they pull the strings down when you loosen them buy pressing the trem, producung a buzzing sound. I'll replace the pickup screws with longer one so that I can lower them a little more. The pickup selector is very smooth and does not produce any noise. Like I mentioned before don't worry about noise with a Cort.

Great ax for the price. It's an Indonesia, 2012. Its a 24 jumbo fret guitar and has Shark tooth inlay and a dedicated viper mark on the 12th fret. She's definitely got the killer look man. It's got a d shaped neck build for speed and a viper skin top. The double locking bridge (I guess its not floyd rose certified) stays in tune pretty well and has VIOLANT trem action. The passive pickups are nice for shredding, tapping and harmonics kinda stuff. I like the pull/ push tone knob, its great nice for dynamic playing. Oh. It's got HSH configuration. My previous Ibanez (which I sold to gather the money to buy this axe and which is one of the best decisions I made in my life) costed almost same but was a real crap in compare to this axe.

rafszabo
    I am happy with my new Viper version. The neck is fast and excellent, Floyd Rose III is steady. After I lowered the tremolo height and adjusted the neck relief super low, no string buzzing occurred. After all, Cort is experienced company hired by Ibanez, Epiphone and other brand names to make their guitars. However, what bothers me is the veil of darkness around the origin of Bluebuckers. On the Cort site in technical FAQs they say that Bluebuckers are made by Cort. However Mighty Mite is US based company and Cort factories are located in South Korea and Indonesia. These Bluebuckers have no Mighty Mite logo on tops, no logo engraved on bottoms and look a little bit different in comparison with US made Bluebuckers. Their sound is not bad for the given "metallic-diabolic" purpose but the question is: Are they really Mighty Mites or only a marketing move a la "Duncan Design" to attract more customers, or vice versa, does Cort make pickups for Mighty Mite with headquarters in USA? I contacted both the companies but no reply so far.
    adipadi
    This is the best guitar. It never gets out of tune...i tune it like once in a month. Go for it.
    BIBAC
    wich has the best tremolo xortx6 sm ore cort x-11,please i need to knowe,thanks
    BIBAC
    wich has the best tremolo cort x6 sm ore cort x-11,please i kneed to knowe????
    dani666v
    maybe this guitar is not so good but its very good for beginning and very cheep to buy . this guitar help me when i was very poor actually i cant buy another cuz i am yet
    aripmenor
    wrong guitar review, aaron. mine works very well, i decide to hardtail the trem and all detunes problems solved.