X-TH review by Cort

Cort: X-TH

Purchased from: River Music

This guitar I great for the music I play. I mainly play solos so this is a great guitar for me. The sound is great. It ranges from a very dirty sound, to a smooth clean sound. I run it through just a Kustom practice amp, but it still sounds great. It sounds great when soloing. My old guitar was holding me back, but when I got this guitar, I haven't looked back. It has a large variety of sounds.

I play solos and other heavy music (Avenged Sevenfolds, Atreyu, Metallica) and it fits perfectly. I've been playing for about 4 years. I own a small Kustom amp, and although it doeasnt go very loud, it still sounds great. If it was stolen I would definetely buy another one. The neck is extremely thin. I am ably to reach halfway between both pickup with my fretting hand. I was originally going to get the Kirk Hammet LTD (can't remember what it was called, it was worth about $1800) I went to River Music and they showed me a picture of the X-TH. I didn't like the picture of it, but when I got it in my hands, I fell in love. It is the perfect guitar. Don't be turned off by its looks.

I play guitar for around 6-8 hours a day and it hasn't let me down so far. I have only played it a few times Live and it sounded great. I would definetely rely on it in a gig. It is very durable. As I said, they changed my strap buttons to straplocks. The guitar seems like it would last a while. It already has lasted a while. The finih is very good. I play it allot and it still looks Brand New. Would recomend to anyone.

The guitar is very easy to use and has an extremely thin neck. It was set up well at the factory, and the pickups were well adjusted. The only problem with it that a had was that the whammy bar fell off after about a week. But that was only because the nut wasn; t fully tightened inside the body. They fixed it and I got it back two days later, free of charge. Apart from that, nothing has gone wrong with the guitar.

24 jumbo frets, neck-thru body, maple and walnut neck, mahogany body, open pore black, Floyd Rose Double Locking II tremelo, active pickups, 1 volume control, 1 tone control, 5-way switch, 1 EMG 85 neck pickup, 1 EMG 81 bridge pickup, locking neck. I got it for $1200 with a Hard Case and they also installed my straplocks because I know the people Who own the shop. Also came with a wall stand and.

Capt. Stew
    I have had exactly the same guitar for about 6months now and it is just ****ing awesome!!! also that that problem with the whammy... great all round guitar, would recemend it!!
    good_sir_pete
    crossrunner wrote: how does cort measure up with gibson and fender
    the x-th is basically a top of the range ibanez prestige for a fraction of the price - if you want a guitar, not an image, cort's hard to beat. in regards gibson/fender, it depends what you want it for. i've got a versatile set up with mine, and i can get plenty of sounds from it, but this is a rock/metal guitar - if you want a vintage sound, this isn't for you. having said that, check out the rest of the cort range as they have a guitar for any style of music. they don't have a flagship model like gibson and fender, but they make up for it by making great quality kit for a price you can't argue with.
    ShredGuitar9
    Yeah it cost $1200 and they told me it was worth about $1600 with the case, installing the straplocks, wall stand etc.
    good_sir_pete
    I got one of these, and I have never never never never never looked back. A truly awesome guitar at an astonishing price (500)!
    cajun_prince
    i hate jumbo frets.. well maybe the main reason is.. i have small hands.. huhuhuh T_T