Z-Custom review by Cort

Cort: Z-Custom

Purchased from: Bhargava's Music House

The Z- Custom offers a versatility in tone that is unmatched by others in its price range. I play a wide variety of music and the Cort manages to live up to the standards I expect from each. The mid-tones are rich and powerful. Even as a great fan of metal music, I feel reluctant to Switch to distortion as the cleans are outstanding. Played just directly through a Roland Cube-30, it sounds just great. The sound is rich on most settings, and the coil tap and 3-way toggle allow for some beautiful tones. There is plenty of sustain, and there's practically no hum at all.

For anyone with with wide tastes in music, the Cort Z- Custom would be my recommendation. It offers a surprising versatility in tone and the cleans are just beautiful. I play classical guitar as well, and I'm used to high action and a very wide fretboard, so this one did feel a little cramped; but it's no trouble to play and I didn't worry about this much (or at all). I've been playing for over four years, and this is one of the best instruments I have come across. For anything from blues to progressive to classic rock to metal, the Cort certainly performs better than its counterparts. I tried out a Greg Bennett or two, a PRS SE Custom, Ibanez, and a Fender Strat, but for my tastes and the price range, the Z- Custom was an easy decision.

This is a very reliable instrument. The strap buttons are solid, the hardware is gold and has never given trouble, and the guitar has withstood plenty a gig without disappointing. The finish is thick, and the guitar stands up to a lot of playing without wearing.

The instrument looks great. Pickups were well adjusted, and there was only a minimal error with the first fret that had to be adjusted- however that was not an issue. The action is a little lower than I look for, but with the quality of sound I was getting I preferred not to get it altered.

Built in Indonesia, it features a single cutaway mahogany body with a quilted maple top, and a maple neck with Rosewood fretboard. Frets: 22/Large (2.7 mm) Scale: 24 3/4" (629mm) 2 volume controls, 1 tone, coil tap with 3-way toggle offer a variety of sounds. It has locking tuners, and a locking bridge with string-thru body. The stock pickups are Seymour Duncan, and I have never felt the need to replace them. The hardware is all gold and with a mother-of-pearl inlay on the 12th this guitar looks magnificent.

crazypsicho
    ....Meeeh. If it were any shape but LP, then it would be yeeeeh, but its meeeeh...
    JephStiph
    jumpmanhat
    khujo1023 wrote: I wonder if thats the same sweatshop Nike's are made in.
    korea is not china you ****in idiot.
    Razot1
    korea is not china you ****in idiot.
    and china's not in indonesia
    Dark knightVX2V
    Ive got a cort Z42 in wine red and its bloody amazing i wish i had the money saved up for this model looks ****ing sweet
    jumpmanhat
    cort guitars are one of the most underrated guitar companies out there and i say this as i own 4 of them.
    Mr. HaYsEeD
    JephStiph : Most mass production guitars regardless of the "Name" brand are made in the Cort factory these days. So unless your guitar is a U.S. model that costs close to $2000, odds are you already are playing a "Cort"
    Well I know for a fact my Epiphone Les Paul was made in Japan and not Korea where all the Cort factories are
    NHECOS
    Sechter wrote: For a guitar that price it better be gud cuz i seriously doubt cort guitars...
    Cort guitars are great... especialy the acoustics.
    NHECOS
    For estetical purposes, I would prefer that the humbuckers were covered. Nevertheless It's a great looking axe.
    Sechter
    For a guitar that price it better be gud cuz i seriously doubt cort guitars...
    raisi3
    That's one beautiful guitar. Can someone tell me whether the top is a solid top or a veneer?