Z-Custom review by Cort

Cort: Z-Custom

The tone is out of this world! The pick ups are absolutely awesome! I have an Aria STG-6 which is a decent guitar for the money, but there were a whole host of tones I couldn't get with that guitar. I play through a Boss GT-10/Spider 4 setup. There were some mellow clean tones that the Aria couldn't get but this thing nails! The tone is well defined (I can hear the individual notes while playing 7th chords), clear, articulate. That's the biggest reason I got this guitar. Distorted, this guitar is great. The sound is full, rich, hits you right in the gut. Love the tones man! It is also really quiet. You're on a distorted patch with the amp turned up and its absolutely quiet. I mean, nada. I'm into Blues, Jazz, Rock; it covers the tones I want flawlessly. I've been playing for about 4 years now, have had a Blues/psy Rock band in which I played lead and made decent money. The tones I get are great!

This guitar works for me. Like I said, I've been playing for about 4 years now, have had a band that made enough money for me to buy all my gear. I usually play through a GT-10/Spider 4 rig. I would get this instrument again. The coil split this guitar has is really nice. I can go from Staind/Tool tones to David Gilmore in a heart beat with the coil tap. The other guitars I was looking at ranged from Ibanez Artcore series, PRS SE Singlecut/Tremonti, Gibson SG, a few Strats and Teles. I almost got the Singlecut, but I'm glad this just worked out in the end!

This is a reliable instrument. I can definitely gig with it. The hardware is solid; locking tuners and all look like they'll last a while.

The action is quite low right out of the box. I did get it set up at the store so its setup right for the moment. Pickups are perfect for now, and the guitar is really well made. I couldn't find any flaws though I looked before I bought it. The wood is absolutely beautiful. The quilted top looks great!

- Construction: Set-in - Body: Mahogany with Quilted Maple Top - Neck: 3pc Canadian Maple - Fretboard: Rosewood, 12" Radius (305mm) - Frets: 22 / Large (2.7mm) - Scale: 24 3/4" (629mm) - Inlay: "Z" Mother of Pearl - Tuners: Locking - Bridge: TonePros Lic. Bridge with string through Body - Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH1 ('59) & SH4 (JB) (H-H) - Electronics: 2 volume, 1 tone (w/ push pull), 3way toggle - Hardware: GD (Gold) - Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (046-010) Came along with a gig bag, a set of picks.

hitman_47
    I know. I didnt want to do it, but based on the criteria given, I had to give it a 10. Probably not for everyone, but it works for me.
    pavel.trhon
    I use this guitar for several years and no problem appeared. It still plays and looks great. I'm also appreciative of locking tuning machines. You can apply and tune new strings in seconds by using locks.